Sessions lost

• Does someone else experience this issue? When you are on a website, blog, forum, what ever logged in, then open a link in a new tab, in that new tab you are logged out. It seems opening new tabs, opens a completely new browser instance which does not remember sessions, so if you are in a forum and open several posts on new tabs, you are logged out in all of them. Is this a problem with my installation only or does someone also experience this?

• If I have a tab or tabs open and either if I close the browser or Vivaldi happens to crash (because of a extension is what I've noticed when it does) it will prompt me wither a box to reload the browser in which all my tabs appears and reopen or once all instances of Vivaldi are closed and I relaunch Vivaldi it does remember my open tabs and reloads them at least for me.

• No, that is not the problem.

I mean sessions on websites.

For example this forum, you need to log in with a username and password to reply and post.

So you do. But if you then open topics in a new tab, you are not logged in in those tabs.

If you right click on a topic and open it in a new tab, you are not logged in anymore. This happens with all websites, not just this forum, so its a problem with the browser.

I have as web admin panel where I need to constantly open new profiles in new tabs, and I can't, because it logs me out of all the new tabs I open. The only tab where I'm logged in is the one where I did so manually, this means I can only use one single tab at the time, if I open links in a new tab they all open as visitor.

• Oh I gotcha, yeah I have encountered that issue too on not only these forums but other sites like Facebook where you log into and then open up other say fan pages and you are no longer logged in. I believe this issue has been reported on here before and the developers are aware.

• @klejst:

Oh I gotcha, yeah I have encountered that issue too on not only these forums but other sites like Facebook where you log into and then open up other say fan pages and you are no longer logged in. I believe this issue has been reported on here before and the developers are aware.

Yes, that is exactly what I mean.

Its a pretty nasty bug, as I do this a lot. I mean, I tend to open most links on background or new tabs. I'm sure others do the same, in particular those that are used to hitting Ctrl while clicking links. :evil:

• No I understand, I am totally a multi-tab open at one time type of user too.

• I can confirm that bug. Only happens with new tabs

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.