Improved Font Size Management ... finally in V SS - yay.

• Oh yay -- finally -- happy discovery [belatedly?] in SS 1.7.705.3:

0_1482912571775_V SS Fonts_20161228_180501.png

vs Stable, & older SS's:
    0_1482912622675_V Stable fonts_20161228_180403.png
    .................................................................................................................................................................................
    Tower's SSD = Linux Mint 17.3 x64 KDE 4.14.2 [< 26/9/16]; Maui 2 "Blue Tang" x64 Plasma 5.8.3.
    Lappy's SSD = Linux Mint 18 x64 Xfce+Compiz [< 25/12/16]; Maui 2 "Blue Tang" x64 Plasma 5.8.3.

• Yes, the 1.7.x SS made some Chromium settings pages usable.

• @Gwen-Dragon

Aha, so that's what did it -- well i do appreciate the insight you've given me, thanks ... & i love that finally i can better control my font sizes.

Your advice made me speculate what other standard chromium internal settings/pages might now be available to me, that i'd been awaiting. The first i tried was my loooooooooong-dead bookmark to what used to be, & what used to work for part of 2015, the chromium Bookmark Manager page... but alas, still dead:

This site can’t be reached

The web page at chrome-extension://eemcgdkfndhakfknompkggombfjjjeno/main.html#92 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

• Another long-awaited benefit i've observed from this new version... with the better general font-management for ordinary web pages, now the web-panels are also much nicer to use. They finally seem to be respecting my font size choice, rather than manifesting their erstwhile "hugeness" [i like small refined fonts, not ginormous obese vast ones] of which i had previously whinged several times. Nice SS!!

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.