Vivaldi starts very slow

• So the problem is here that my vivaldi starts very very slow (takes about 10 sec) and in comparison to chrome( takes under 1 sec) it's awful.

I already tried reinstalling it, but it did not make any change...

I hope you can help me

Haluk

• it's like that for almost everyone, some under 5 seconds, some even more than 10

• @iAN-CooG are the developers working on it or is there any way to solve this?

• @Haluk30 said in Vivaldi starts very slow:

@iAN-CooG are the developers working on it or is there any way to solve this?

You could look at https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/12611/vivaldi-doesn-t-warm-start/5
    Quoting from there:

Speed and resource thrift are considerations, but secondary considerations (and being resident in memory = speed, but is the opposite of resource thrift), which will ultimately be addressed after a basic suite of features and options are built in. And the fact that there will be many features built in, means that few (or no) extensions will be needed by most people, which will result in both resource thrift AND speed. So there is a method to the madness, the first step of that method being creating a browser that will restore the abandoned legacy of the complexity and feature-richness of the original Opera, the loss of which is still mourned by millions of users ("our friends").

(added emphasis mine!)

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.