src="https://update.vivaldi.com/stats/piwik.php?idsite=1&rec=1&bots=1" style="border:0;" alt=""

Flash Not Enabled or installed?

• So I was exploring the new snapshot 1.7.704.3 and went to vivaldi://about to confirm I have the new version. Everything looked fine and dandy till when I noticed that Flash is disabled. How long it has.... I don't know. But I do know that music.google.com wasn't working for me during 1.6. So I wanted to see vivaldI://plugins since I think Flash shows up there and doesn't show up. So what up? I don't really mind that Flash is disabled because very few sites use it. Also here is what vivaldI://about looks to me.

Vivaldi 1.7.704.3 (Official Build) dev (64-bit)
    Revision 841b9a58130b84a3816d42023b714a2127e1e56f
    OS Linux
    JavaScript V8 5.5.372.32
    Flash (Disabled)
    User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/55.0.2883.92 Safari/537.36 Vivaldi/1.7.704.3
    Command Line /usr/bin/vivaldi-snapshot --user-data-dir=/home/spane/.config/vivaldi-snapshot --always-authorize-plugins --disable-translate --enable-blink-features=ResizeObserver --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end
    Executable Path /opt/vivaldi-snapshot/vivaldi-snapshot
    Profile Path /home/spane/.config/vivaldi-snapshot/Default

BTW When I created my account I meant to have the username iWillAlwaysHateTheNewOpera but during trying to squeeze it to fit character limit I removed Hate so, no I do not like the new opera even if it looks like it. I know I can create a new account but I don't feel like it #Lazy

• Vivaldi Team

@IWillAlwaysTheNewOpera I think that Google play uses HTML5 MP3 audio not flash.

Assuming Ubuntu

sudo apt update
    sudo apt install chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra

If you have another distro, read this.

To install Flash (again assuming Ubuntu)

sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu `lsb_release -cs` partner" 
    sudo apt update
    sudo apt install adobe-flashplugin

If you have another distro, read this.

• Worked!

I thought Vivaldi had it pre-installed (Maybe only on windows?) alright well Vivaldi is different!

BTW Sorry I didn't mention Ubuntu.

@IWillAlwaysTheNewOpera
    Only IE, Edge and Chrome have Flash built-in. Any other browser will require to have it downloaded. It's a deal MS and Google have with Adobe.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.