I like the new download complete notification.

• It would be nice to see the download complete notification inside Windows 10 action center too. Action center shows the popup too for couple of seconds, so it would be nice for Windows 10 users. Whenever I see the action center icon turning white I know something is there.

• Don't like it atm. It displays a lot of notifications for downloads I did in the last time. But these downloads have taken place months ago. What may be the use of this?
    (atm I get a completion message for a download I did on September 2nd!)

• Vivaldi Translator

@TheLongMan said in I like the new download complete notification.:

Don't like it atm. It displays a lot of notifications for downloads I did in the last time. But these downloads have taken place months ago. What may be the use of this?

Me this happens as well, and it's quite annoying. I had to clear the download history. I hope that after the holidays, to fix it.

• "I had to clear the download history"
    Well, it should be normally emptied as soon as you don't need it anymore, there's no use in keeping it cluttered, not counting that it can slowdown vivaldi startup.

• Vivaldi Translator

@iAN-CooG said in I like the new download complete notification.:

Well, it should be normally emptied as soon as you don't need it anymore, there's no use in keeping it cluttered, not counting that it can slowdown vivaldi startup.

Well imagine, I need to be stored item downloads in the download manager, because I need them to have quick access. :) :wink:

• I'm another one on of those odd people who like to keep a list of downloads in the browser history. So this is getting a little comical to see the dozens of "download complete" messages rattling through on every Vivaldi startup.

• @saudiqbal

Do these notifications not disappear by themselves either? They just sit there. That seems silly that there's no duration attached to the notifications (or ability to change the duration or turn them off). I find them extremely annoying.

• How is that I haven't seen a single notification about downloaded files (upon startup) yet? I'm using 1.7.704.3 (32-bit) and the only time I see a notification is when I download a file, but I have items on my downloaded items list from weeks ago and I haven't been notified about them - not even once. It must be a bug, but I'm unable to reproduce it...

• Vivaldi Translator

@pafflick I had a problem with that initially only the home PC, but later also working PC. Try, turn off notifications about completed downloads, a couple of times ON OFF browser, and then again turn on notifications.

i have Win7 Pro x64 and Win10 Home x64, both Snapshot 1.7.705.3 x64

• @CheVe11e_191 OK, I did that, I tried it a couple of times already, but still nothing. I'll keep an eye out on that, though. BTW. To be clear, I just got the latest update to 1.7.705.3 (32-bit).

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.