[Resolved] Rendering problem

• As of the last update certain websites (NewEgg) show plain text. These sites render properly in Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Slimjet.
    Tried updating to rev 1.7.704.3-1, went back to 1.4.589.11-1, no luck. Maybe a Kubuntu dependency?

Kubuntu 14.04, KDE 4.13.3, Qt 4.8.6, kernel 4.2.0-42 generic 64 bit.

0_1482452715233_RenderingEx.png

• @cressean
    Tis fine here.
    0_1482454982781_newegg_20161223_120053.png

Vivaldi 1.7.704.3 (Official Build) dev (64-bit)
    Revision 841b9a58130b84a3816d42023b714a2127e1e56f
    OS Linux
    .....................................................................................................................................
    Tower's SSD OS = Linux Maui 2 "Blue Tang" x64 Plasma 5.8.3.

• @cressean Similar problem on Windows was caused by an extension.
    Check all that you have.

https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/13047/problems-with-scripts-and-some-sites-using-vivaldi

• Disabled all extensions, no good. Tried Amazon and get a connection not private message. Again, only on Vivaldi.0_1482456368821_ConnNtPvt.png

• @cressean
    Just temporarily [maybe], try a clean/virgin profile [close V, backup Default directory or rename/move it elsewhere, start V (it will create a new clean Default]. Does it still fail for you then?

• In that process Steffie. I wasn't aware that the 1.7 snapshot was a separate browser so I hadn't tried it. Once I realized my mistake, it fired up fine w/ both problems solved. I have now installed both 1.6 and 1.7 and will begin configuring. I'll reply when they're ready.

• @cressean said in rendering problem:

Tried Amazon and get a connection not private message.

yeah, that is a fault in Vivaldi 1.4 because of Chromium engine.

1.7 snapshot was a separate browser

Linux install has Vivaldi-stable vs Vivaldi-Snapshot ( Windows does not - only standalone option allows to use both).

• @cressean

1.6 and 1.7 are both configured and running fine. I assume one of the Vivaldi updates was the cause but I don't actually know.
    Is there something I need to mark to close this problem?

• @cressean

Well that's good news for you then. Dunno if you have edit access still to your original post, but if you do, you might like to append [Solved] or similar to the subject line?

@Steffie - I took care of it. I think "normal" users have limits on how long a comment stays open for them to edit.

• @Ayespy -- Teehee, ta.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.