Error log?

• Even the newest version still crashes very often for me when doing mouse actions, like marking text. I hoped it'll be fixed by now, but still happens a few times a day.
    The browser just disappears and then restarts. I think its stupid that I don't even get a notification or anything. Is there some error log or so, something that shows me what happened and what I can send in for a bug report?

• @pedder55655 Very strange.

Does this happen with a clean profile (no extensions installed) ?
    https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/10388/refreshing-or-cleaning-your-profile

• I actually don't know. There is not much point in browsing the internet without an adblocker activated. At least not long enough to wait for the bug to appear. I'm using uBlockOrigin.
    But nevertheless, the browser shouldn't crash over any extension.

@pedder55655 - When doing mouse actions like marking text, you may be inadvertently dragging some element of the page. This is a reliable crasher and has been since the beginning of the browser. It's less touchy to this now than it used to be, but inadvertently dragging some elements or text will still crash it every time. One predictable way is to be filling out a form, type in the wrong blank, highlight that text and drag it to the correct blank, and bam. Browser crashes and restarts.

• I'm using Vivaldi with uBlock Origin full time and I haven't experienced any crashes, apart from those described by @Ayespy, though it happened to me maybe like two or three times...

• @pafflick said in Error log?:

I'm using Vivaldi with uBlock Origin full time and I haven't experienced any crashes, apart from those described by @Ayespy, though it happened to me maybe like two or three times...

I'm using Ublock Origin as well, but I don't see these crashes (not even the way mentioned by @Ayespy ; but then I don't use drag/drog in the browser very much).
    If that is the only extension you have installed, then it is NOT the cause of your crashes.

• @TbGbe I use a dozen of extensions, but the cause of these crashes was the drag&drop problem described by @Ayespy, as I mentioned in my post already. Frankly, I don't use the drag&drop either, it was just an accident that I selected some text and then immediately dragged it around ("double click" issues with my mouse) so that the browser crashed.

• @pafflick Oops. Hadn't meant to quote you.
    Sorry for the confusion, my reply was meant for @pedder55655

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.