Saving into Speed Dial bookmark folder

• Hi Support,

Vivaldi 1.6.689.34 (Stable channel) (64-bit)
    Ubuntu 16.10

When saving a bookmark into Speed Dial it does not save into that folder
    It is in the list of the bookmarks
    You need to drag into the Speed Dial folder

Can you pls fix it ?

Thanks

• @Thuurio
    Works as it should here. (Ubuntu 16.04)
    Test with a different profile via terminal.
    vivaldi --user-data-dir=vivaldi-test-profile
    This will create and use a different profile folder (vivaldi-test-profile) in your home directory which can be deleted when finished testing.

• Hi CR,

To make it work on my side I had to click on "arrow down" of the folder selection box and select any folder and than re-select to Speed Dial folder, fill in the description and save it.
    The issue was also in 16.04 desktop. I upgraded to 16.10 desktop.

I will try your terminal solution and report back

Br,

Arthur

• @Thuurio said in Saving into Speed Dial bookmark folder:

Hi CR,

To make it work on my side I had to click on "arrow down" of the folder selection box and select any folder and than re-select to Speed Dial folder, fill in the description and save it.
    The issue was also in 16.04 desktop. I upgraded to 16.10 desktop.

I will try your terminal solution and report back

Br,

Arthur

Yes it seems you are right.
    When you save a bookmark, the Bookmark bar folder(speed dial) is shown by default but doesn't save to this folder but to the top level of bookmarks.
    Peek 2016-12-19 01-12.gif

I had another folder set as the Bookmark bar folder so when I was saving to speed dial I had to select the speed dial folder in the dropdown first.
    I reported a bug.

• when i save bookmarks from url-area icon it always lets me pick the folder. if you right-click bookmark folder in panel, you can customize folders for speed dial or bookmark toolbar.

• @monkey_wrench_gang898 said in Saving into Speed Dial bookmark folder:

when i save bookmarks from url-area icon it always lets me pick the folder. if you right-click bookmark folder in panel, you can customize folders for speed dial or bookmark toolbar.

Yes, I can choose whatever folder I like to save in from the dropdown.
    When you save a bookmark the default folder shown in the drop down appears to be determined by whatever folder is "Set as Bookmark bar folder"
    Notice I change Bookmark bar folder to "Media". The Media folder now shows as the default location in the dropdown but it doesn't save to this folder.
    When a folder is shown as the default to save to, you have to select another folder and then go back to that folder before it saves correctly.
    Peek 2016-12-19 11-32.gif

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.