Vivaldi lost all pinned tabs after crash

• Ubuntu 16.04 x64
    After every browser crash all pinned tabs disappear as well as other tabs. Vivaldi doesn't remember what was open before crash and doesn't even try to reopen it after relaunch.

• @Lisio - preserving tabs in a crash can cause a crash loop, because one of the tabs can be causing the crash. Just saying.

• @Ayespy - thats why FF shows a list of previously opened tabs and allows to restore any of them. After consequent crashes it can be started in safe mode. That's not very funny to restore each tab 2-3 times per day.

• @Lisio - How do you manage to crash 2-3 times a day? I never crash.

• @Ayespy - I don't know the reason of such behavior, but I can send you the last crash report.

• Take a look in the trash can, Vivaldi also saves the current session in the trash when you close it, so even if it does not have the tabs right when it crashed, at least it will contain the pinned tabs and some of the other tabs.

• @Lisio - You could, but I couldn't read it - so thanks anyway. Perhaps someone like @Gwen-Dragon could help with all the crashing. She's a ton more fluent in Linux than I am.

• Actually that was the reason why I switched from opera to vivaldi (the same annoying bug in opera). But there was no escaping this bug :)
    To make pinnned tab restoration less painful, I bookmarked all my pinned tabs. So it's easier to restore them from bookmarks.
    Other people suggested I save my vivaldi profile with pinned tabs and restore it after they are gone after a crash.

• Back in early 2015, V used to crash a lot for me, so i increased my chances of recovering from lost tabs by installing the Session Buddy extension. V tends to be vastly more stable for me these days, but SB remains installed & "ready", just in case.
    .....................................................................................................................................
    Tower's SSD OS = Linux Maui 2 "Blue Tang" x64 Plasma 5.8.3.

• @slidercrank said in Vivaldi lost all pinned tabs after crash:

Actually that was the reason why I switched from opera to vivaldi (the same annoying bug in opera). But there was no escaping this bug :)

Then there's something in your PC that Chromium does not like. I don't think any Chromium browser will work for you then, unless you find what's in your PC that makes Chromium crash.

Maybe any log might give any tip, but the best would be to start writing down what you were doing before the crash to find any common pattern.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.