Feature Requests for 1.7

• Up Arrow please …
    Avant browser has an Up Arrow icon. Hit it once and it changes this ...
    vivaldi.net/en-US/forum/all/12092-vivald...nued?start=120#69350
    to this vivaldi.net/en-US/forum/all/
    Hit it again and it becomes this ...
    vivaldi.net/en-US/forum/
    AND it automatically changes to display that page.
    This is very useful and a lot of hassle without it ...

"Change to current"
    When r-click a bookmark, please add option to "Change to current". This is very useful if you’ve just used the bookmark, but the URL no longer leads to a page and perhaps have to chop back the URL to the previous forward slash for example

Remove the triangle
    Remove the triangle in the Bookmarks sidebar - it serves no purpose - it just takes up a lot of space (need to change so clicking on the description or folder opens with one click)

Single click to open bookmark folder please
    It’s already single click to action a single bookmark
    It’s already a single click to open a bookmark folder … ONLY if you click on the triangle
    But it’s a double click if you click on the bookmark folder name …
    Could this be changed so they are all single click ?

GO! Search button or arrow
    … to kick the keyed address or search into action ?
    Then. if (like in Avant) I hit the button again and again it opens another tab again and again (it's often useful - makes the browser more productive)

Open all results in a new tab
    Although selecting a bookmark and a search result can open the result in a new tab can we please also have the following …
    a) new tab for keyed URL / address
    b) new tab each time Speed Dial is hit

Two new types of FIND / SEARCH
    The current Find (ctl+f) works fine as far as it goes, but can I also suggest two more options as found in Avant ? And a specific button for each please.
    a) Multiple word search - enter multiple words in search box for example "bus train plane" (maybe use this for a Google search), but the important thing is to
    Hit the Page Search button to highlight the words.
    Every occurrence of each word is highlighted.
    Each of the 3 words is a different colour
    I've used this with perhaps 6 or 8 words

b) Search within Site - enter a word or phrase for example "plane crash"
    Hit the Site Search button to search the website of the active tab
    It brings up a list of search results in Google (my default).
    Each Google-listed result link takes me straight to that phrase in the active-tab-website.
    User can then go back to select another one etc

Stop clearing Search field
    I often search for something but the result isn’t helpful. So I add an extra word to the search BUT Vivaldi clears the Search field. Please stop it clearing as I want to use it again

More attractive interface
    Most chrome-based browsers look very flat and boring, but they don't have to be. How about subtle shading to make them look convex / 3D ?

• @Too_many_browsers said in Feature Requests for 1.7:

Up Arrow please …
    Avant browser has an Up Arrow icon. Hit it once and it changes this ...
    vivaldi.net/en-US/forum/all/12092-vivald...nued?start=120#69350
    to this vivaldi.net/en-US/forum/all/
    Hit it again and it becomes this ...
    vivaldi.net/en-US/forum/
    AND it automatically changes to display that page.
    This is very useful and a lot of hassle without it ...

the feature is currently implemented as ctrl-click on "all" in the address and it will cut and reload the url where you ctrl-clicked

• I need a master password on vivaldi. Please add this important function!

• @iAN-CooG
    aha - but that's rather clunky compared to an UP button chopping off one section at a time

@Too_many_browsers said in Feature Requests for 1.7:

Up Arrow please …

Totally, I and Cqoicebordel have requested this command to be added, I just extended for the default shortcut to be Ctrl+Backspace, just like in Opera 12.

Stop clearing Search field
    I often search for something but the result isn’t helpful. So I add an extra word to the search BUT Vivaldi clears the Search field. Please stop it clearing as I want to use it again

Hum, but it does not clear here. :confused:

• History page/history panel. Probably one of the biggest, basic things that are needed as a feature, and also needed as a panel.

• Vertical list tab cycler. One that functions just like Opera, with customizable keyboard shortcuts just like O12. This would make it so much easier navigating through tabs with the keyboard like a power user.

• Opening/closing tab animations, to give Vivaldi that modern feel like other browsers do when you open and close tabs.

• Universal corner rounding that allows us to set the px value for every single thing as the same px value. I find the SD thumbnails not rounded at all no matter what, and I have to set my px to 5 to round the tabs enough. If everything was the same px value, it would be rounded the same.

• Page zoom remembering it's settings for every page or domain rather than the actual tab. I need some sites to be zoomed and every time I visit the same page or different page within the same domain it should be also zoomed, just like Chrome does. For an example: I zoom imgur.com and open a link from that page to another tab and the zoom is back to normal, which is very annoying since I have to zoom the page again, and again for every link I open to a next tab.

Bookmarks panel should remember its last used position. If I scroll through the bookmark list and close the panel completely then I would want to see the same position I left the bookmark list, before closing the panel.

The extension buttons! Custom positioning, come on. Every time the browser opens, whichever extension loaded first, its button is first and it becomes a mess.

• Native option to hide icons in tab bar (can be done via .css)
      Before Before
      After: After

• Native option to show only lock in urlbar (hover on lock to see the site identity; can be done via .css)
      Before: Before
      After: After

• An open with <browser> entry

• Don't know if possible, custom .png (trasparent?) image which can be blend with theme settings

• The things that are already in 1.6 feature request (autohide, colour picker, native overlays, video policies, reload all tabs, open links same tab/windows, bookmark bar enhancement, buttons ordering/hiding ecc ecc)

• Close browser when closing last tab
    Close browser when closing last tab, or add option to support it. This is specially useful when opening links in new windows (regular and incognito mode).

• Show thumbnails for folders in Speed Dial
    Show thumbnails of the pages contained in every folder of the Speed Dial. This would make a lot more visual the use of folders in the Speed Dial.

• although we can clone tabs, cloning bookmarks would be much more useful for me

• Controls for handling file types (define what files types to download, display in a plugin, display in the browser, etc). Also the ability to define what file extensions should be considered (for example) text/plain, image/jpg, etc. Not every HTTP server handles things in a "sane" manner, and sometimes you don't want certain file types to be handled as a download, or perhaps you don't want certain file types to be opened with a plugin under any circumstances (plugins with frequent and severe security issues for instance, such as plugins for PDF files).

• Please add a Panel to the sidebar for managing saved sessions!

Right now they are only accessible through the file menu which is quite a long way if you use them a lot.

• Please allow selection of particular tabs to be saved with the saved session feature.

• Please add a panel to the speed dial page that shows the saved sessions. (Like Bookmarks and History)

• Please make private windows visually more recognizable. The only difference I can see right now is a white instead of a black address bar.

Maybe you can grey out the vivaldi button icon, oder switch it to some icon indicating privacy (like the mask in firefox).

• Hi admin, can you add this feature in "tab" option "Activate tab after mouse hovered for 0-500 milliseconds(example) please. I think this feature very useful and faster than scroll by mouse. Thank you and have a nice day , sorry for my bad english.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.