1.6.689.34 super glitchy, where can i download older version???

• First time a blind update for Vivaldi has hurt....

Tabs disappear, screen occasionally disappears (have to open a new tab for it to reappear), screen draws are slow and glitchy....

Driving me crazy...

Where can I download a previous version, and can I simply delete the current version, reinstall the older version and expect all of my settings and bookmarks and tabs to be retained???

@digitaltoast - not sure about a stable version, but you can scroll thru the blog and find the most recent 1.5 Snapshot, which is for all intents and purposes the same as 1.5 stable. Of course every time you start it it will tell you there is a newer snapshot...

On the other hand, you could stay on 1.6 and refresh your profile and that might fix everything.

• Thanks for the info... really was too exhausted and couldnt find it via searches... tried refreshing Profile to no avail, so now I am back to 1.5.658.44 and all is good. BTW on OSX 10.11.6 ... on that 1.6.689.34 tabs and screen were just as glitchy on a fresh Default Profile...

• I'm back again... was happy back in the 1.5 era... though now websites such as Amazon won't even allow this browser to their page... and even craigslist will no longer allow Vivaldi to see photos.

Tried stable version of 1.6 and snapshot 1.7.735.11 and both have a glitchy GUI... elements always flashing, in particular the tabs, but really the whole window.

Oddly old ass Opera 27 seems to handle both just fine... and is quite a bit speedier too....

@digitaltoast What kind of Mac are you using and which OS is it running? Some users have reported problems with Vivaldi 1.6 (and 1.7) on specific hardware/software combinations.

One option is to wait and see if things get fixed in the the next v1.7 snapshot, which should (hopefully!) be released soon and (hopefully!) will be based on the latest version of Chromium with the latest fixes.

Another option is to try disabling (GPU) hardware acceleration to see if that "fixes" the problem. The following topic...

https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/13225/disable-dgpu-usage

... shows how you can do this by either starting Vivaldi from the command line with the --disable-gpu option or via toggling a "hidden" preference.

I hope this helps...

• @xyzzy

Thanks so much xyzzy... any chance you're related to zzyzx?

Just flipped off the acceleration and noticed the stability immediately. Will let you know if I notice any issues with time...

This system is an iMac (early 2008) with the NVidia GeForce 8800 GS 512MB video card... 24" 3.06Ghz 4GB running El Capitan OS X 10.11.6

and I'm back to the 1.7.735.11 snapshot and moving forward ------>>

@digitaltoast The Vivaldi 1.7.735.27 snapshot just got released and the Vivaldi folks trying to fix as many regressions as possible before they generate a final Vivaldi 1.7 release. If this latest version is still unstable on your system, let the release team know by providing feedback on the release itself in their Blog; advise them of your hardware configuration and that you're working around various issues by disabling GPU hardware acceleration.

Your system has mature hardware and software, and in the Mac world, that's usually a good thing stability-wise... unless it's your graphics processor that's going sour. Hopefully that's not the case. One last thing: does

vivaldi://gpu/

produce any weird output or errors? It's normal for older hardware to not support some features (such as WebGL2) and for this URL to list driver bug workarounds and workarounds for various problems that get detected. However, if it doesn't identify your hardware correctly, shows numerous crashes in the GPU process, or displays other strange/unexpected errors, then this is something that will require further investigation.

Best of luck in your troubleshooting!

P.S. No relation to zzyzx... that I know of... :smile:

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.