UI functions I'd like to see

• I'm new here so apologies if this has been discussed before. I've been a long time user of Firefox and I like some of the UI functions it has. I'd love to see them implemented into Vivaldi.

• Pinned tabs setting/option
    1. I'd love to have a setting to start up the browser on the home page/User default. Currently when you open the browser with pinned tab(s) it will go to the pinned tab(s) first.
    • Bookmarks bar folder functions
    1. With folders on the bookmarks bar there is no ability to right-click on an URL that is inside a folder to perform the usual functions like 'Open in new tab', 'Open in new Window', 'Delete' etc.

2. Not sure I've seen any other browser do it but you could be the first. I'd like to see an auto-hide feature for the bookmarks bar. This would open/slide into view when you hover your mouse around the area or maybe press a button for it to appear. This would maximize viewing area when browsing whilst keeping the bar handy but out of the way.

3. It's very hard to see that I've hovered my mouse over a folder despite adjusting theme colours etc. Could we make it more noticeable?

• Video player - Full screen transition
      On youtube for example, I like to watch in full screen. When I click on the full screen button there is no transition to ease you into full screen, it just flickers to it. In Firefox for example it would do a nice cross fade. Nothing major but more pleasing to the eye for the User.

• Quick/Temp private tab - This one is not needed but it's more of an idea
      When I browse there are times where I'd like to open up a private window to do a simple task. Perhaps having a temp private tab would speed things up here? Obviously highlight the tab to indicate it's private.

@ragingsilver said in UI functions I'd like to see:

1. I'd love to have a setting to start up the browser on the home page/User default.

Have you tried the "Startup with" options in Settings > Startup: vivaldi://settings/startup/?

1. Not sure I've seen any other browser do it but you could be the first. I'd like to see an auto-hide feature for the bookmarks bar. This would open/slide into view when you hover your mouse around the area or maybe press a button for it to appear. This would maximize viewing area when browsing whilst keeping the bar handy but out of the way.

I'm sure it's possible, but you'll need some modifications for it. Try checking the Modifications forum category, there are some topics about hiding various UI elements automatically (but I haven't tried them myself). You can always post your request there, if you don't find what you're looking for.

1. It's very hard to see that I've hovered my mouse over a folder despite adjusting theme colours etc. Could we make it more noticeable?

Again, I think it's possible through modifications, though I'm not denying whether this should be available in settings.

• @pafflick

1. Whilst there is an option to start up with Homepage it doesn't focus on that window. It goes to the first pinned tab which I don't want. I want it to boot up, load the tab with my homepage.

2. I will check out the modifications section in a moment. Would be nice implemented though. Also, I'm not into the whole programming stuff so I'd rather not deal with that stuff in case things go wrong.

3. Again, I have tried tinkering with the theme colours but none of them affect the folder hover over colour, it just goes one shade darker

I wasn't aware of the pinned tabs focus problem (as I hardly ever use pinned tabs). In that case I'd suggest filing a bug report - even if it's not technically a bug, you can report your requests there.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.