Almost 20 secs to open

• Browser always take 18 seconds to open. I deleted all the extensions and data but that didn't work. I'm using a 4GB RAM laptop.

Am I the only one?

• @atineo Maybe it takes that long on first starting my PC ,but a warm start of Vivaldi takes only about 5 seconds.

How many tabs do you open at startup? I rarely have more than three.

• @Pesala I never leave tabs when I close the browser. I know it takes more time when starting the PC, but it's always. Chrome opens in one second and firefox in 2 or 3.

• @atineo You may not be the only one, but 20 seconds is exceptionally slow for starting with no tabs. I see no noticeable difference between Vivaldi and the latest Firefox 50.1.0

• For some strange reason I fail to see how 20 seconds is a very long time.
    20 seconds is not long enough for me to worry about.
    Are you in so much of a hurry you need those few seconds?
    If it took Vivaldi 30 seconds to a full minute to start then I'd worry a bit.
    Not for 20 measly seconds.

• @Para-Noid That is your opinion. Not everyone has to share it... 😉 And since we tend to perceive everything on a logarithmic scale, a browser starting up 20 seconds seems pretty sluggish when compared to a browser which takes only 2 or 3 seconds to load.

BTW. Vivaldi will always take a little bit more time to load than Chrome, because of some technicalities, but it shouldn't be that much of a difference. I have no idea what causes it in this particular case, sorry... 🙁 It is unusual though, as even on my tablet (with very low specs) it takes less than that... 🤔

• This seems very hardware-dependent. On the various machines in my office, it can take anywhere from 2 seconds to 40 seconds (for a first time cold start after initial boot on a very old machine)

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.