No option to leave current tab activated on link open in new tab?

• Vivaldi's great, it's adorable, I'm impressed with it, I'll even forgive the cheeky- if probably unintentional- gesture of silently uninstalling Chrome on install.

But when I open a link, bookmark, etc. in a new tab... I don't want to look at it right away, I want to be able to choose to go to it. I know I could configure tab cycling to make it easier to get back (frankly, though, it's way more useful to me to have the tab order and the tab cycle as simply-linked as possible), but as a reasonably self-aware ADD patient I just know the visual disruption of briefly switching to the new tab, not to mention needing to respond to the undesired behavior with some kind of gesture every time, is affecting my workflow. If this is already possible, lemme know- if not, uh, make it possible soonish.

-Mads

• @mvseaver
    Both bookmarks and links have right click options Open in Background Tab
    Here, mouse middle click achieves same result.
    I doubt Vivaldi uninstalled chrome.

• @CantankRus Ooh, neat. How do I make it the left-click behavior? Unless I'm opening a new blank tab, Open in New Tab-as-such is always gonna be an unfeature for me. It'd be nice to remove it from the context menu so I don't hit it on accident. -Mads

• @mvseaver The default behaviour cannot be changed yet. There are several other ways to open links in the background.

• Middle-click
    • Ctrl + click
    • A Mouse Gesture can be assigned to "New background tab / Open link in background tab (over when executed over a link)"

I use them all, except the aforementioned right-click, open in background tab

• @mvseaver said in No option to leave current tab activated on link open in new tab?:

@CantankRus Ooh, neat. How do I make it the left-click behavior? Unless I'm opening a new blank tab, Open in New Tab-as-such is always gonna be an unfeature for me. It'd be nice to remove it from the context menu so I don't hit it on accident. -Mads

Use middle click.

• @Pesala Hmm, guess I'm Ctrl+clicking for now. Fingers crossed the default behavior gets configurable- I'm petty, but I'm not "stop using a charming new browser because it makes me use a modifier key to avoid an irritating behavior" petty.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.