Any working extension for YouTube external playback?

• So far I've tried:
    Floating for YouTube
    Frameless
    Always On Top for YouTube

Neither works in Vivaldi. Do you know any?

Also, mouse wheel horizontal moves do not seek (ff, rewind 5s) - can this be fixed?

• And what exactly is that you expect? What do you mean by "external playback"? Do you want to play the video in separate window or just want it to be in a fixed place on the page (always visible when scrolling)? For the last one you could add a custom CSS, something like this:

#player {
    	position: fixed;
    	z-index: 2;
    }

But I'm not sure what it is that you're looking for...

• Yes, pafflick,

I mean a standalone browser window/applet, preferably resizable, which could play a youtube video.

The above three do the job perfectly in CHROME, but do NOT work in Vivaldi. What is the general facts behind the compatibility of the two, Vivaldi and Chrome extensions?

Also, the horizontal mouse wheel movements fail to seek in a youtube video, which is an inconvenience, why?

How great would it be if Youtube videos could be played in Vivaldi as smooth as in Firefox and Chrome ...

• @Med1aN1ck said in Any working extension for YouTube external playback?:

What is the general facts behind the compatibility of the two, Vivaldi and Chrome extensions?

In general :grin: , Vivaldi User Interface (Tabs/Windows etc) is created in a completely different way to Chrome. So anything that tries to create new Tabs/Windows (or even manipulate them) may have problems.

I mean a standalone browser window/applet, preferably resizable, which could play a youtube video.

You can launch a new window and open the url for embed video (like eg. https://www.youtube.com/embed/_GuOjXYl5ew) there, though it seems to be quite inconvenient...

Another way to try in Vivaldi is to use the Web Panel with YouTube - this way it could always stay on top when using other websites, but it's not an independent window and it takes up space from your current view port.

@Med1aN1ck said in Any working extension for YouTube external playback?:

The above three do the job perfectly in CHROME, but do NOT work in Vivaldi. What is the general facts behind the compatibility of the two, Vivaldi and Chrome extensions?

Probably because of the UI being built using different technology (JS and such) in Vivladi? I'm not the developer, don't ask me...

Also, the horizontal mouse wheel movements fail to seek in a youtube video, which is an inconvenience, why?

I don't know, I haven't ever heard of such feature and I don't even know how to use it???

• Pafflick,
    thanks for the reply, the Web Panel seems to fit the bill. What's the interface, highlighted here:
    alt text

• @pafflick said in Any working extension for YouTube external playback?:

I don't know, I haven't ever heard of such feature and I don't even know how to use it???
    This is just tilting the mouse wheel right and left, which jumps 5s forward/back in the video.

WHY CANNOT ONE delete one's post in this forum ("you have insuffient priviliges"), I posted an incomplete post by mistake and wanted to delete it, but couldn't do so .. ?

What's the interface, highlighted here:

By default, the panel loads the mobile version of the site. You are seeing the "video control" area.
    If you right-click on the icon in the panel, you can switch to the "Desktop Version" if you prefer it.

BTW Editing posts etc. is time limited - I think it is currently allowed for 1 hour.

• @Med1aN1ck You can edit your post for up to one hour of time, after that you need to ask a mod to do that for you (same for deleting your posts).

This is just tilting the mouse wheel right and left, which jumps 5s forward/back in the video.

You forgot to mention that it requires a special mouse - one with a tilting scroll wheel. I never used such a mouse and thus I didn't know what you mean. (BTW the one that I use right now might look like it's very special, but in reality it's the worst one I've ever had).

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.