Lost bookmarks after windows 10 reinstall

• Hello. I had to reinstall windows 10 and lost all my bookmarks. I have the old Vivaldi folders in windows old. Is there a way to get the bookmarks again

@maurysz2 - Passwords are encrypted per Unique User ID. If you reinstalled Windows 10, you no longer have the same UUID as you did before the reinstall.

You may try the ChromePass app or similar to see if it can decode them to plaintext for you, but now that your UUID has changed, it may no longer be possible.

• @maurysz2 said in Lost bookmarks after windows 10 reinstall:

Hello. I had to reinstall windows 10 and lost all my bookmarks. I have the old Vivaldi folders in windows old. Is there a way to get the bookmarks again

Usually, people lose Passwords and Extensions as they are protected as @Ayespy noted.

However, bookmarks are simply stored in a file called "bookmarks" in the Profile folder (Default).
    Check the location of your profile in File/Help/About.

Geez. I was obviously answering in my sleep. TbGbe is right about bookmarks. They are easy to restore.

• @TbGbe said in Lost bookmarks after windows 10 reinstall:

location of your profile

Thank you. Found it

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.