Adobe reader problems

• Everytime i am trying to open a web pdf is says that adobe reader has to be installed, but it is. Can someone help me??

• Hi,

Without much information about your config, hard to tell.
    Vivaldi / OS versions ?

I'm not even sure that Adobe makes a PPAPI plugin (Chrome/Chromium plugin format) for their reader. Adobe reader is installed on my system, but no Adobe Reader plug-in shows up neither on Chrome nor on Vivaldi.
    Chromium (on which Vivaldi is based) has its own PDF player, that Vivaldi uses to display PDFs.

First, navigating to vivaldi://plugins and see if "Chromium PDF Viewer" is enabled. If it's not, then that's your problem.

• The Adobe plugin with its old plugin technology is not compatible with Chrome, Opera. Chromium and Vivaldi.
    You should use Vivalid's internal PDF reader. Or disable the internal Vivaldi PDF plugin, save to PDF disk and open the PDF locally.

• @Gwen-Dragon said in Adobe reader problems:

Or disable the internal Vivaldi PDF plugin, save to PDF disk and open the PDF locally.

If the plugin is disabled, Vivaldi should simply open the PDF in the user's default PDF viewer. I don't care if it saves it in the Downloads folder first, as it has to save it somewhere, but it should open it. People will use right-click, Save link as .. if they wish to download it and read it later.

• @Pesala Yes, that works.

1. have the PDF plugin disabled
    2. open a PDF link
    3. the Download Save dialog will appear,
    4. Click Open button
    5. PDF will be loaded in standard PDF viewer

• @Gwen-Dragon said in Adobe reader problems:

open a PDF link

1. Have "Always save to downloads folder" disabled. :)

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.