Feedback for Weekly build 1.0.94.2

• Vivaldi Team

Hi everyone, We just made the first weekly build available :cheer: The build can be downloaded from [url=https://vivaldi.com/snapshots/win.html]here (Windows build)[/url] You can see what's included in this build from [url=https://vivaldi.net/blogs/entry/first-snapshot-vivaldi-1-0-94-2]in Olli's blog post[/url]. Please help us testing this build and give us feedback!

• Close button of main window not functional
    Windows 7x64
    F4 works and closes Vivaldi

Bug reported /
    /EDIT: but got no bugnumber yet

• At least one annoying bug fixed

https://vivaldi.net/forum/vivaldi-browser-for-linux/1388-numeric-keys-sometimes-messing-with-page-zoom-and-focus

There are still problems on the session management (even on this very forum a new tab won't keep the login status)

• Close button works for me on Win7 x64 Enterprise SP1, on a desktop.

• SHould I uninstall the previous version of Vbrowser or just start the new file?

I simply installed the new over the old. No probs.

• @Gwen-Dragon:

Close button of main window not functional
    Windows 7x64
    F4 works and closes Vivaldi

Bug reported /
    /EDIT: but got no bugnumber yet

Yeah known bug, will be fixed

• The release has been pretty stable for me, and I don't know if you guys worked on the rendering performance, but for Win7 x64, the interface is pretty snappy.

• Not fixed bugs from first TP

• I don't see the item "Copy to notes" in the context menu when you select the text. Language English
    • ! Loss of cookie (session) when opening a link from the page with CTRL+ CLICK in a new tab. Surfing difficult, necessarily correct in the next build.

Windows 7x64

Sent bugs through https://vivaldi.com/bugreport.html

• First off +1 for the new release and the apparent weekly snapshot release schedule. It installed over top the previous tech preview without problem and kept bookmarks. At first glance it looks the same however does seem more stable and snappier in speed. I'll post more as I use it more and discover things to report in my experiences.

• There are still some problems with keyboard shortcuts, at least on Google+. Although it is now possible to write symbols like + and - into the text area when composing a new post or comment without the whole page zooming in or out, some keys still do cause problems. Notably Backspace, which is unfortunate, as using it gets you back in history, effectively making you unable to post anything there in Vivaldi ;)

• Fixed a bad performance issue that made Vivaldi slow down on some systems

I don't know, interface still very slow and unresponsive on my machine.

• me too perfect default instalation new version overs old one

• @maister_Pernat:

Fixed a bad performance issue that made Vivaldi slow down on some systems

I don't know, interface still very slow and unresponsive on my machine.

UI is slower than (say) the one of Opium.

I'm sure it's a youth problem that will be fixed ASAP.

BTW If I'm wrong, and the price to pay to have what I need, are some mS of delay, I'll pay it happily.

• The update installed perfectly as a stand-alone, over top of the initial release. Upon closing, the browser refused to close (as described earlier by @gwen-dragon and bug-acknowledged by @Olli). After forcing it shut via Task Manager, several restarts have all worked fine thereafter for close button functionality. My entire bookmarks and all settings seem to have all carried over just fine.

• @The_Solutor:

the price to pay to have what I need, are some mS of delay, I'll pay it happily.

in my case Panel bar doesn't toggle at all until I click somewhere inside the browser (if I'm trying to toggle it via "Show panel" button on status bar).
    And if I'm using View->Toggle Panel, clicking inside the page doesn't work. The only way is to wait - panel toggles after 20-30 sec.
    The only stable way to toggle the panel is via F4 (unless I tried to do it via menu first, in that case I have to wait 30 sec and F4 shortcut starts to work only then).

• @anephew:

Not fixed bugs from first TP

• I don't see the item "Copy to notes" in the context menu when you select the text. Language English
    • ! Loss of cookie (session) when opening a link from the page with CTRL+ CLICK in a new tab. Surfing difficult, necessarily correct in the next build.

Windows 7x64

Sent bugs through https://vivaldi.com/bugreport.html

A small addition: new buld has been installed over standalone TP (the installer offers to upgrade it, so now i have standalone 1.0.94.2)

• "At least one annoying bug fixed
    vivaldi.net/forum/vivaldi-browser-for-li…-page-zoom-and-focus"

Yes and that is verry good for me.

• @maister_Pernat:

in my case Panel bar doesn't toggle at all until I click somewhere inside the browser (if I'm trying to toggle it via "Show panel" button on status bar).

I don't have such problem at all (win 10 x64), per user installation.

Maybe, in your case is better to clear your vivaldi profile directory then test the last snapshot.

• I just noted that pinning a Vivaldi icon on the Win7 taskbar causes a second Vivaldi icon to appear on the taskbar whenever Vivaldi is started/run from the first icon (or from anywhere else, for that matter). The Vivaldi installation is a stand-alone one, but I've not noticed any other programs functioning this way with duplicated taskbar icons. When mousing over the original Vivaldi icon on the bar, I only get a "Vivaldi" pop-up, whereas when mousing over the duplicated Vivaldi icon, I get the usual thumbnail of the current open Vivaldi tab.

Closing Vivaldi causes the duplicated taskbar icon to simply disappear. I don't know if this is a bug or something else odd regarding the installation on this system. I've tried replacing the pinned icon, but the behavior recurs.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.