Downloading iTunes with Vivaldi
I think this may be a recent thing... or perhaps I've never tried to do it before?
It seems as if Vivaldi somehow cancels the download when the redirect occurs. I'm trying to download the 64-bit version of iTunes on Windows 10. Does it work for anyone else?
When I use Chrome it works fine so it isn't a problem with the Apple site itself.
Confirmed on Windows 10.
I will look for a bugreport.
Reported as VB-23672 "Download of iTunes fails"
Just for completeness, it works if you choose "save as"
Works today without problems in 1.5 Stable.
Oh indeed it works, I'm already using today's snapshot 1.6.682.3 btw
Reporting that I had this problem this morning downloading the new iTunes version.
- It did not matter whether I selected 'Save' or 'Save as'.
- On the Apple webpage https://www.apple.com/itunes/download, I unticked the two options, and filled in 'Australia'.
- The attempts failed when Vivaldi was running inside a Sandboxie sandbox, and also when it was running outside any sandbox.
- Other Vivaldi downloads proceeded normally.
- I could download iTunes normally with Firefox.
- I'm new to Vivaldi this week, so this was my first attempt to download iTunes.
Version: 1.10.867.48 (64-bit)
Platform: Windows 10 Pro 1703, Build 15063.483, on 64-bit desktop, with ESET Smart Security 9
PROGRESS: I have just increased my RAM from 8GB to 16 GB, and I can now successfully download iTunes from the Apple webpage above. Both "Save" and "Save as" work.
Cause and effect? I'll leave that question to the techies --- I'm just reporting what happened --- but I have been watching Vivaldi's memory use with some concern. I will now uninstall 64-bit Vivaldi and install 32-bit Vivaldi instead, as recommended.