Washington Post Adware in latest version
fibre last edited by fibre
What the hell is this?
I don't care for Washington Post and am disturbed that my browser is displaying anything from any content provider without my consent
While writing this, another one appeared
Why am I getting this? Is this able to be disabled?
These popups are intrusive and downright unpleasant. Is it some kind of Google thing you forgot to remove?
@fibre - I don't think that has anything to do with Vivaldi. I've certainly never seen it.
@fibre These popup notfications come from a website you visit.
Perhaps you have allowed notifications for the browser.
- Open chrome://settings/content
- Scroll down to Notifications
- Look if you have set to allow all notifications
- Hit Exception button to see if there are website you allowed notifications
iAN CooG last edited by
seems like you have to opt in to get these notifications, would be strange otherwise.
Easiest way to disable notifications (and other features) on any website:
- Go to the website (in this case https://www.washingtonpost.com/)
- Click the padlock (or globe) icon in the address bar.
- From the "Permissions" list select the Notifications and change it to "Always block on this site".
This menu is not too intuitively placed, so I'm sharing a screenshot of it, for everyone's interest. 😉