Major issue with passwords

• Okay, I already made a similar thread, but I wanted to start again because this to me is a very serious bug!

The passwords keep disappearing from my profile! One second they are there, the other they are not! I remove an extension = passwords disappear. I try to re-import them, nothing happens. I go to home/config/vivaldi, change it's name to "vivaldi.bak", re-import bookmarks and passwords, it works - I delete the new profile and go back to the old one, and passwords are there... I go to "clean cache/cookies in the past hour", passwords disappear...

So it's a major nuisance... And I really think it deserves looking into it. I'm using Linux Mint 18, Mate edition. 64 bit.

• Update: Restarting the computer seems to be fixing the issue, though I am still not completely sure what is triggering it :/

You should inspect your running processes. There may be Vivaldi zombies from crashe browser sessions blocking the login database.

Close Vivaldi.
    Open a shell
    Show all running Vivaldi processes with ps -aux | grep -i vivaldi
    Terminate all running vivaldi processes

• @Gwen-Dragon , thanks for answering! I'm afraid you'll have to explain that a bit better to me as I am a newbie when it comes to code and stuff.

I typed what you said in terminal and got the following "reply" - aliante 13980 0.0 0.0 15756 984 pts/1 S+ 16:17 0:00 grep --color=auto -i vivaldi

Does that mean anything to you?

@Aliante
    If your passords cant be retrieved, you should close Vivaldi.
    And check for rmeaing processes running in Background.

Yes, i try to explain it:
    Start a shell
    typed ps aux shows all running processes
    the list is sent by a pipe | to the next program grep
    grep -i vivaldi fidna all text containing vivaldi, that means all processes from list generated by ps

Your showed:

aliante 13980 0.0 0.0 15756 984 pts/1 S+ 16:17 0:00 grep --color=auto -i vivaldi

That is only the grep process, no vivaldi processes running.

May be this helps:

1. Open chrome://settings/search#background%20apps
    2. Deselect "Continue running background apps ...."
    3. Restart Vivaldi

• @Gwen-Dragon try #killall vivaldi before you restart.
    I use Lastpass and disable native password. Its a bit sluggish for some due to encryption but for those with patience or a zoomy connection it rocks.

• What you told me to do... Made things worse. Now the bookmarks don't have icons even when I open them. And everything is messed up, and I keep getting crash/report windows...

That said, resetting the computer made everything good again... So yeah... Something weird is going on.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.