randomly cant scroll

• i'm having a problem in the latest snapshot that sometimes causes a tab to become unscrollable. no matter what i do or where i click, it wont scroll. i have to copy the url and open a new tab where it'll work. it's happened with various sites and seemingly nothing in common.

• I think I've noticed this happen once in a while too.

It does seem random. At first, I thought it was related to re-opening a closed tab. But I think I've noticed it other times as well.

I'm on Linux Mint 18.

• @ugly said in randomly cant scroll:

I think I've noticed this happen once in a while too.

It does seem random. At first, I thought it was related to re-opening a closed tab. But I think I've noticed it other times as well.

I'm on Linux Mint 18.

with those tabs, if i close and try to re-open them they remain unscrollable. that's why i have to do an entirely new tab from scratch. debian 9 64-bit

• I still notice this once in a while. It seems I notice it mostly when I open a saved session with a lot of tabs. But, even then, most of the pages will scroll normally, and only a few will have the problem.

I've noticed that:

• arrow keys don't work for scrolling.
    • mouse wheel doesn't work.
    • pageup/pagedown doesn't work
    • mouse gestures to go to top/bottom of page doesn't work
    • clicking on the up down arrows at the ends of the scrollbar doesn't work
    • clicking beside the blank space in the scrollbar doesn't work

One thing that does work is dragging the scrollbar up and down.

And on some pages that have the scrolling issue, if I drag the scrollbar down the page, suddenly everything will work for scrolling again. Unless I move all the way to the top of the page. Then it locks up again.

When I save sessions with a lot of tabs, it's usually Arstechnica.com. So I can't say I've noticed it elsewhere.

• I'm wondering if this actually caused these days linux theme issue. Adwaita etc.

For me, sometime, even scrollbar is stuck.

As far as I know, the symptoms ugly mentioned is familiar in GTK3 themes.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.