Getting rid of the "+" tab up top

• Hello, Vivaldi community! I've started using this browser recently and love it so far. There is one little aspect of the interface that bugs me which I am unsure how to change.

At the top of the window, I see all my tabs. To the right of the right-most tab, there is a small box with a "+" on it, and clicking on the + opens a new tab. I find that when I have a lot of tabs open, if I go to close the right-most tab, I will occasionally click the + by mistake. I also find that I never actually want to click it: when I want to open a new tab, I use a keyboard short-cut to do so. Hence, I think I would like the browser interface more if I could get rid of that annoying new-tab button.

Is there a way to get rid of it in the browser settings? I cannot find how to do it, and I was unable to find an older thread here in which it was discussed.

I am using the current stable version (Vivaldi 1.5 64-bit). The issue I am encountering is the same on both Windows 10 and Linux Mint Debian Edition.

Thank you in advance. Also, I am not sure if I am posting in the correct subforum, so apologies if I'm not.

• @bgb16999 Take a look at this thread. It's not available by default. I agree there are better ways to open a new tab, even if the tab bar is not full.

Ssee the Modding Forum

• I would only support removing it IF it was an option. I use the + button and would not like to lose it.

• @Pesala said in Getting rid of the "+" tab up top:

@bgb16999 Take a look at this thread. It's not available by default. I agree there are better ways to open a new tab, even if the tab bar is not full.

Ssee the Modding Forum

Thanks, I'll take a look.

@g_bartsch said in Getting rid of the "+" tab up top:

I would only support removing it IF it was an option. I use the + button and would not like to lose it.

Of course, I only want it as an option too.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.