VivaldiHooks for Linux

• I am running a Ubuntu 14.04 LTS machine.
    Since the devtools are not yet dockable, as pointed out in Developer Tools not dockable to the bottom of the page, I thought of installing VivaldiHooks as suggested by a user in the above topic. I am only interested in customizing the devtools, nothing else for now, so I am wondering if it is worth it.
    Would Vivaldi be affected in performance after installing VivaldiHooks?

Also, at GitHub the instructions say that VivaldiHooks should be installed in
    Vivaldi\Application{version}\resources
    However I do not have a 'Application{version}' folder.
    Vivaldi was installed in /opt/vivaldi/ and I have a /opt/vivaldi/resources directory inside of which there is another 'vivaldi' directory.
    Where am I supposed to install VivaldiHooks?

• First of all: https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/11298/vivaldihooks-more-useful-mods

@kgujkhu said in VivaldiHooks for Linux:

Would Vivaldi be affected in performance after installing VivaldiHooks?

Startup time may be increased. But I don't see any difference.
    Also some of hooks may cause slowdown, but again, I don't see any difference.

Also, at GitHub the instructions say that VivaldiHooks should be installed in
    Vivaldi\Application{version}\resources
    However I do not have a 'Application{version}' folder.
    Vivaldi was installed in /opt/vivaldi/ and I have a /opt/vivaldi/resources directory inside of which there is another 'vivaldi' directory.
    Where am I supposed to install VivaldiHooks?

"hooks" directory and "jdhooks.js" should be placed into the same directory where browser.html is situated.

• On my system, Lubuntu 16.04, that file is here: /opt/vivaldi/resources/vivaldi/browser.html

I'd expect that to hold true for Ubuntu 14.04 as well.

If you want, run locate browser.html. At least one of the hits will point to its location.

• That's correct @aesouza , Ubuntu 14.04 too has browser.html in /opt/vivaldi/resources/vivaldi/browser.html
    Many thanks @den_po for your help and instructions

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.