How to Re-edit a post?

• Hi,

Is it possible to re-edit a post I posted earlier in the forum?

Thanks.

You can for a limited time (but, sorry, i don't know the duration).
    And you can ask a mod for editing.

• @Gwen-Dragon
    Hi, is there still no possibility to re-edit a post?
    The above post is already 3 month old ...

@Dietrich You can edit your posts as many times as you wish for up to one hour. After that time, you'll need to ask the mod to edit it for you.

• Having a time limit could be seen as a measure to prevent spam or vandalism or even a member deleting content (for whatever reason) that could disrupt the continuity of the rest of the thread.

Involving a moderator ensures nothing adverse will happen.

And we're happy to help!

• Moody said in How to Re-edit a post?:

Is it possible to re-edit a post I posted earlier in the forum?

pafflick said in How to Re-edit a post?:

Dietrich You can edit your posts as many times as you wish for up to one hour.

Although the body of the OP was whether it is possible to edit a post (and that question has now been answered), the topic of the thread was how to do so. That has not yet been answered.

Even a post that I have made mere minutes ago has only hyperlinks below its .sig for replying and quoting; none for editing.

Or was the answer that you can edit a post as many times as you wish in the first hour but only with the help of a moderator each time?

@Mammal: Over at the right side of every post are the words Reply, Quote, an upward chevron, a numeral, a downward chevron, and three dots stacked on top of each other. Those three dots (a vertical ellipsis), when clicked, reveal a menu - which contains the option to edit the post.

• They do! Splendid - thankyou. I hadn't realised that was an interactible element. It's tiny! Great to know.

Maybe it's just my default Linux Mint MATE fonts or something, but that widget actually looks just like a small, lowercase "i" on my display; it has merged the lower two dots into a bar with serifs. Hopefully this will be helpful for anyone else encountering this thread.

@Mammal: Don't feel bad. I couldn't find it when we first migrated to this forum software, either.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.