Note titles, bookmarks in horizontal menu, copying from the "right", copy/search, multi copy

• Hi,

I bought a new laptop with great specs, however Firefox is glitching on it for some reason. That made me download Vivaldi, and I simply love it! Instantly made it into my default browser!

That said, things I would love to see change are:
    1.) Adding titles to notes (sort of make it into a "canned response" kind of thing). I send lots of emails for work, but many of them start the same way, so I would like to add titles to notes in order to differentiate them. We should also be able to switch between plain and rich text in notes.

2.) Adding bookmarks as an option in the horizontal menu (like Firefox has) instead of on the main page (or panel on the left) would be so, so good! :-)

3.) Copying links from the right site - for example while writing this message, it says "Vivaldi browser for Linux" on top. If I put my cursor on the right side of Linux and double click, the word "Linux" isn't captured, and if I do it 3 times, the whole line is 'captured'. However if I do it from the left side, Linux is 'captured' without issues. I so am used to doing this from the right side that doing it from the left feels weird.

4.) In Opera, when you select a text, you instantly get an option to either search or copy, no right click needed! I find that really helpful, and would love to see it in Vivaldi!

5.) Multi-copying - Firefox has this addon called "Clipple" which lets you copy as many words/lines/phrases as you wish, and then you choose which one to paste via right click - clipple - paste. I don't see anything like that in Chrome store, so maybe Vivaldi can incorporate at in the browser itself, similar to notes ^_^

Anyway, thanks guys for creating this wonderful browser! You got yourself a new user! ^_^

• 4.) would settings>mouse gestures>open link in new tab work for this?
    5.) have you tried Klipper on KDE?

• @monkey_wrench_gang898 said in Note titles, bookmarks in horizontal menu, copying from the "right", copy/search, multi copy:

4.) would settings>mouse gestures>open link in new tab work for this?
    5.) have you tried Klipper on KDE?

4.) Hmm, I am not sure? Do you know what I am talking about? I don't want to open the stuff in a background tab, I just want to "mark the text" with my mouse, and get the option to copy or search automatically, like it's done on Opera. If you have Opera try it out, to see what I mean :-)

5.) Vivaldi notes are actually a rather decent alternative, or could be if the notes had a title! Otherwise I found this extension that works really well https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/insert-text/abmgjcmmphkhndoahbfanhbgeekconmm

Only a small glitch, once you add new stuff in the extension, you need to restart the browser for the effect to take place, otherwise the entire extension stops working :-)

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.