Browser is starting up "in steps"

• Hi guys,

Although I noticed it already (just a few weeks ago) with the previous version, other than the now latest installed version: 1.5.658.44, I find that The Vivaldi browser is starting up in steps. That is: the borders of the browser appear almost immediately once clicked on the Vivaldi startup icon on your desktop, but the actual homepage is following “later”. On startup, the homepage is only visible as a small square in the top right corner of the browser borders (see attachments).

Do you know, if it’s Vivaldi itself that is causing the problem, or is it my Windows 10 computer. Mind you, I replaced the Google browser for Vivaldi as the latter seemed to act much faster. But Google however does not have that “lingering” problem.

If anyone could help me out with a solution, I’d be most grateful.

Thank you.

Robert.

1_1479899196815_Startup Vivaldi Browser.jpg 0_1479899196813_Startup Vivaldi Browser (Finished).jpg

• @Ropie58 Does it happen with other pages, or just that one?

A link to your home page might help. Busy news sites often suffer from delays due to server issues. Ads fetched from other servers also slow down page load, etc.

• Hi Pesala,

Thank you for your swift reply. I think I supplied you with incorrect information; I realized this, the moment you talked about my home page. As I don't own a website, I am actually talking about my Startup Page. It is actually a news site - a big Dutch newspaper. Changing start pages into smaller sites seem to do the trick, However, I'm still in for suggestions, because at first, there was no problem at all.

Hope to hear from you.

Cheers!!

Robert.

With http://www.ad.nl as Startpage start of Vivaldi runs fast on my Windows 10 x64 with Vivaldi 1.5 Final 32bit.

• Not slow here, either, but it's a heavy page. If your broadband connection is not very fast there's not much you can do to solve the problem other than upgrading your broadband, or using a lighter home page.

The BBC News page is much lighter, and free from advertising.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.