Identities in Mail

• Hello, I've been trying to work a bit with identities in Vivaldi Mail but I don't seem to get what it's about or how it works. Can someone enlighten me? :)

• For instance instead of proposing in your email adress Motionshot@vivendi.net as a reply address, the receiver will see the new idendity adress. And the answer will be send there: Yahoo, Google …

But in the headers of your mail ( the non visible part of the mail) the mentionned server will always be something like "Received: from mail.vivaldi.net ([82.221.99.162])".

• Thanks. So it's only when I send something? Because sending to an identity other than motionshot at vivaldi dot net doesn't seem to work…

• The best is to make a simple test :

Create a new identity that is one of your email address elsewhere, send any message there. Then check that this mail reached this elsewhere email address and answer to this mail, it should arrive to Vivaldi.

This is what I did to test this "new identity" functionality.

• Motionshot, I forgot : Vivaldi mail is based on Roundcube ( http://roundcube.net/ ) if you want to know more on its features, you will have more informations there !

• @sgdgandco:

Vivaldi mail is based on Roundcube (http://roundcube.net/) if you want to know more on its features, you will have more information there.

Released features

Available in over 70 languages
    Drag-&-drop message management
    Full support for MIME and HTML messages
    Sophisticated privacy protection
    Compose messages with attachments
    Multiple sender identities
    Full featured address book with groups and LDAP connectors
    Find-as-you-type address book integration
    Richtext/HTML message composing
    Forwarding messages with attachments
    Searching messages and contacts
    Threaded message listing
    IDNA support
    Spell checking
    IMAP folder management
    Shared/global IMAP folders
    Support for external SMTP server
    Support for access control lists (ACL)
    Built-in caching for fast mailbox access
    Unlimited users and messages
    Template system for custom skins
    Plug-in API for flexible exensions

Planned features

Support for PGP and S/MIME encryption
    Online calendar module
    Saved mail and address book searches
    Keyboard shortcuts
    Attachment previews
    Import/export functions
    Canned response templates
    Responsive skin for mobile devices
    Admin interface

1. It isn't USAmerican
    2. Germany is against their snooping activities
    3. It isn't British
    4. Sophisticated privacy protection

Let's hope that the spell check can be upgraded to make use of the most widely spoken language in the world.

• Vivaldi Translator

I am a bit puzzled. How do I set up new identities? The identity category in my mail settings show only my default one. Maybe I am missing the obvious, but I don't see an option to additional ones (like the plus sign in the folders settings).

• I second the previous question - there's no obvious way in Mail interface to add new Identities.

• The identities feature exists, but we turned it off during some other testing. There are plans to bring it back in some form in the future.

• Thank you. Looking forward to it.

• @debbie:

The identities feature exists, but we turned it off during some other testing. There are plans to bring it back in some form in the future.

Do you have something more definite? I have several myopera mail accounts that I need to migrate to somewhere. I'd love to be able to create a set of identities instead of separate accounts, assuming I'm understanding how identities work.

• It would be awesome to have more identities. I currently have 2 GMail adresses. I want to migrate to Vivaldi.net's Mail instead. But therefore, I do need the ability to have 2 different adresses. I don't need all of the mail import per se. So please turn it back on :)

• Guys, it's been two months and I see no progress. Are you going to reinstall the option to add new identities in mail? It's really important for me and, I'm sure, many others.

• Yes, please re-add this feature. Even if only one more identity. I really need 2 identities instead of 1, so I can fully switch to Vivaldi instead of partly.

• I too hope to be able to add identities to the current account. I can easily switch to Vivaldi.net as my "informal" mail address, but I occasionally receive "official" professional stuff, to which I must respond using the same address. It would be nice to manage all messages from the same inbox, so I'm impatiently waiting for the day when this feature becomes available.

• It seems like they don't care about Identities :( Come on, at least let us add one more (so that the max is two). That would be enough for me and won't put too much pressure on the servers.

• Well, in that case I'll have to rethink about using even my only identity with Vivaldi Mail… too bad, because I really support you guys and love the webmail.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.