Vivaldi takes 5-10 minutes to open with no tabs. Also, memory usage sky-rockets.
I have a problem with Vivaldi where it takes 5-10 minutes for the browser to open even if there are no tabs open. In fact, sometimes to get the browser to appear on my screen I need to click on the icon 2 more times. Also the browser used to be decently speedy and I could have dozens of tabs open but now it struggles at 10 and my memory skyrockets.
I noticed this problem started around 1.3. (or maybe even 1.2) I want to downgrade to 1.2 so the browser is more responsive but I can't find any previous versions online. I also don't want to use another browser for what I use Vivaldi for because because Firefox has the tendency to lock up on some sites I open lots of tabs for and if I understood correctly, the engine Vivaldi uses separates each tab into a separate process. I also find it hard to keep track of tabs without vertical tabs. My friends make fun of me but its true. Thus Chrome and Chromium are out of the picture.
see if that helps: https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/10388/refreshing-or-cleaning-your-profile
There really should be a sticky about the high disk activity Chromium bug which might cause slow performance and broken functions like saved passwords since cleaning the profile directory isn't needed when just deleting 2 Top_Site* files (or changing the attribute to readonly at the cost of losing the bookmark editor) is all that is needed to restore functionality.