Extensions not showing up?

• Hello there,
    first of all, I love this browser. I've run into a bit of trouble for the time being though. Is it an issue with made-for-Chrome extensions, a browser's issue or a mistake that I made that not all extensions I installed show up in the button field next to the search bar? There are only the buttons for Ublock Origin and Acrobat Reader, but I can't add others under 'vivaldi://extensions'. So I can't even find a way to open them. Or is there any other way to run an extension like, say, an epub reader?

Cheers!

• @muck Not all chrome extensions are compatible with Vivaldi (although a lot are).

Probably best to look through the extension forum for the one(s) giving you problems
    https://forum.vivaldi.net/category/43/third-party-extensions

• Thanks for your reply. Just so I won't stultify myself, I did get this right: All working extensions should appear next to the search bar by default, without further user input?

• @muck I don't know about ALL - I only have two, but they both have icons there :slight_smile:

@muck said in Extensions not showing up?:

Thanks for your reply. Just so I won't stultify myself, I did get this right: All working extensions should appear next to the search bar by default, without further user input?

No. Not all extensions will show without additional user input.

Just for the sake of completeness:
    I already posted to a very similar thread that you created here. At least one of the extensions that is not showing an extension icon for you is actually an App and those (to my knowledge) never come with extension icons. For more details, see the linked thread.

But even when it comes to actual extensions, not all of them come with extension icons, as Ayespy already wrote. For instance, HTTPS Everywhere and Octotree are two extensions that I have installed that don't come with extension icons because there is no need to have extension buttons for them.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.