[BUG REPORT] - The bug "Many pages show as blank (VB-22115)" still there

• Vivaldi Translator

The bug "Many pages show as blank (VB-22115)" be reported to be fixed in Vivaldi 1.5RC 1 but with this newly published Vivaldi 1.5RC 3 I still have the "blank page" bug. Please see the error at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70svpItQXGw&feature=youtu.be

• I have the same problem. It happens with many links in Gmail, as you show, but it also happens all the time inside Briefing.com's Live InPlay service. Unfortunately, that one is for subscribers only, so sharing the links won't be especially helpful.

I think this issue is related to (if not the same as) the one reported here.

• @ms82494 forgot to mention: My version is 1.5.658.31 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Windows 10

Once again, Google-related pages appear to be the worst offenders in this.

Anyone reporting should mention whether they are using localized versions of Google or Google Services, and what platform they are on. The bug repair that was done applied only to Mac, as Windows and Linux did not share the bug.

• OK, I have an example:

If you go to http://www.gurufocus.com/financials/UL without being logged into the site, it should open up and the present a nag screen to become a subscriber. Click away the nag screen. Then scroll down a bit until the main table comes into view (some old data fuzzed out, since I'm not logged in). If I click on the first link, titled "Revenue per Share", this happens:

It opens up a new tab, loading the linked page, but everything is invisible. Strangely, if I move the cursor over the dark, empty page, it will occasionally change appearance, as I move over a clickable area on the invisble, yet loaded page.

Still same platform: Windows 10, 64bit, Vivaldi 1.5.658.31 (Official Build) (64-bit)

• Works fine for me in Win7 32bit, Vivaldi 1.5.658.31, new tab opens to http://www.gurufocus.com/term/per share rev/UL/Revenue%2Bper%2BShare/Unilever%2BPLC and everything is rendered, tried also with mid click and ctrl-click

@ms82494 - do you run any extensions? I get the expected behavior here on Win 10 X64 with Vivaldi 32-bit.

• @Ayespy

Weird. I do run a bunch of extensions. So, as a first attempt, I disabled all of them, closed the browser, reopened it. Then clicked the above link again, and just as @iAN-CooG reports, it now works.

So, then I successively reenabled my extensions: Enable one extension, close and relaunch the browser, test the link. Repeat with next extension

I have now all of the extensions enabled, and the link still works.

Before I posted the link I tried it several times, to make sure the bug was reproducible. I am positive that it didn't work before. I guess closing and restarting the browser seems to alleviate the problem, at least for a while.

• Vivaldi Team

@9pagod sorry for the trouble and thanks for sharing these insights in such great details. Which Mac OS version do you use?
    Personally, I can't reproduce this issue on my Mac OS Sierra 10.12.1

• restarting Vivaldi always "fixed" the current issue in my experience.

So if you are confused as to why it was working during your troubleshooting with the extensions: it might have worked because you were constantly restarting Vivaldi, anyway.

but overall, the blank page mystery still is happening on my setup
    1.4.589.38 OSX 10.10.5

For example just now while opening the Vivaldi.com page (while no login session had been active.) I had to restart Vivaldi to get the page to display and to get to the forum :D
    I'm looking for that workaround someone posted a few months ago with which you don't have to restart the application...

• 1.4.589.38 OSX 10.10.5 on MBP 13" Early 2011. With only flashplayer running, current version.

the URL http://www.gurufocus.com/financials/UL the other guy earlier reported an issue with on his Windows machine when clicking on "revenue per share" displays fine on my Mac.

• Vivaldi Team

@silv_ thanks for sharing these insights as well. We're releasing very soon (in a couple of days only) a major update with many fixes for stable version (which is the one you're currently on). Please update then and let us know if everything works properly on your side then. :slight_smile:
    Thanks for using Vivaldi and being patient with us!

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.