Feature Request: Enhanced profile support

• I currently use Vivaldi for both Personal and Work purposes. I have accomplished this by creating separate shortcuts, one for Vivaldi Work and one for Vivaldi Personal. This allows me to keep my personal and work bookmarks/plugins/etc. running in separate windows, and (more importantly) backed up to separate systems (I don't want personal junk taking up space on business backup servers).

This creates two problems:

1. Any url I click in a third-party application fails to open entirely. I haven't figured out how to make either of my Vivaldi instances the default browser in Windows.
    2. When my Work instance crashes (an inconvenience, but not a deal breaker) I can reopen it and continue where I left off with no problem. When my Personal instance crashes, about half the time it loses all records of the previous session and I have to restore from "wetware" memory.

My dream scenario would be the following:
    In Preferences:

• Have a section to create and manage profiles
    • Include ability to choose where the files for each profile are stored
    • Be able to choose the "default" profile, for which profile to launch when opening a new Vivaldi instance/window or ask every time. This could be either the same as where external urls are directed to, or that could be configured separately.

In interface:

• Have menu/commands to launch another profile in a new window (from Vivaldi menu), similar to "New private window" command.
    • Update New Window command to either open default profile, current profile, or ask which profile to launch.
    • Make sure that closing the only window for a profile "closes" that profile (save session information, etc.)

In "future":
    If Vivaldi ever goes a similar direction to Opera and offers to save user/session information online, add the option to either have separate Vivaldi user accounts associated with each profile, or to have multiple profiles synchronized to a single account (probably would need to be managed through the Preferences).

• @Llamanerds This should be simple by using the Standalone installation option for whichever you don't want to set as the default browser.

• @Pesala That might work for two profiles (I'll have to see if that fixes either of my problems above). But I want a single computer account to have more than 2 profiles (e.g. I want my kids who share an account to each have their own profile), then that doesn't address the issue.

• @Llamanerds Unsure why you won't use User accounts but anyway does the suggestion from @den_po help (I haven't tried this)?
    https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/870/multiple-browser-profiles

• @TbGbe @Pesala I had a chance to play with this a bit over the weekend, and was able to figure out what Pesala was talking about.

Yes, I think the Standalone installation option will work fine for what I'm trying to do. It would still be nice to be able to "integrate" multiple profiles into a single installation of the browser, but for my immediate purposes (keeping my personal data off of our work backup server) it will do just fine.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.