The browser disappears

• ...after three seconds. Why and what is to be done ?

• Sounds like you have an extension which is crashing Vivaldi.

Try with a clean (empty) profile.
    https://help.vivaldi.com/article/full-reset-of-vivaldi/

• Thanks for the answer.
    But I cannot use vivaldi://about because Vivaldi closes immediately.

• Vivaldi Team

What OS do you have pethorl? If you've done an all user install, in the default location finding the profile folder shouldn't be too hard :)

• Vivaldi Team

As for examply mine is placed in: C:\Users\Pål\AppData\Local\Vivaldi
    on my w10.
    So what you do is change out "C:" with whatever is your drive(its usually the default), then change out "Pål" with your PC user name. That should lead you to your Vivaldi profile.
    (You can also just navigate there manually if you don't wanna type it in.)

Hope this helps!

• @Aronand I have Windows 10. I just uninstalled Vivaldi and installed it again. Did not help.

@pethorl - Uninstall and reinstall won't do anything as a rule. You have to actually remove, rename, or move your profile folder. Have you done this? Do you know how to do this?

• @Aronand You can type %localappdata% in the windows explorer address bar and start from there. 😉

@pethorl If the issue is actually caused by an extension, you could try removing all files from %localappdata%\Vivaldi\User Data\Default\Extensions\ before performing a full profile reset. You could also try removing folders one by one in order to eliminate which extension is the one causing the troubles.
    I haven't tested it though and I don't know if this could cause any further damage to your profile, but I assumed that losing only some of your data is better than losing it all. 🙂

I'm not sure if I gave you the correct (default) path to the extensions folder, as I'm using the standalone installation of Vivaldi and I had to guess. I'd appreciate if someone could confirm this, or correct me if I'm wrong. 🙂

• @Aronand After I have uninstalled Vivaldi I write Vivaldi in the search window in the left corner. Does then not find Vivaldi or traces of it.

Thanks. Now I found the whole bunch of it all and deleted.
    Downloaded it again and the browser remains without disappearing.
    The only extensions I had added before was related to RSS. Two extensions.
    I missed in Vivaldi what comes default in Mozilla Firefox regarding RSS. One does not to look for extensions to see RSS like it should be.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.