Confirmation before download?

• Vivaldi Translator

As a first, Vivaldi requested confirmation before a download from majorgeeks today.
    0_1479392464621_Afbeelding 023.png 0_1479389478234_Afbeelding 022.png

I find the (Dutch) wording a bit obscure.
    The two buttons offer the options to "Be safe" or "Keep" which to me is unclear.
    I'd suggest using unambiguous wording that is related to the download action that the user just initiated.
    E.g. "Block download" (NL: "Download blokkeren") and "Continue download" (NL: "Download voortzetten")

Side remark: I did not realise that Vivaldi too has entered into the security business.

This is just my point of view:
    Theoretically from my point of view, if it says that "Vivaldi has blocked it" the file has been already blocked. So if it has already been blocked, the "Block download"(you've suggested) makes a little bit of no sense as an option, the "Be safe" is more like "Okay, I want to be safe so I don't need to make anything because Vivaldi has already blocked that file". I agree with you that the "Continue download" would be good :smile:

Cheers,

Rafael

• @S_Paternotte said in Confirmation before download?:

Side remark: I did not realise that Vivaldi too has entered into the security business.

It's derived from Chromium and currently there is no native way to disable it. I'm not sure, whether the Vivaldi developers have ever been playing around with this dialog. Probably the Chromium developers (and translators) are to blame for making it both confusing and annoying.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.