Hardware Acceleration

• In Chrome, there's an advanced setting to disable hardware acceleration, which I assume is being inherited from Chromium. Is there any way to do this in Vivaldi? I suffer from a screen flickering issue periodically in Chrome and disabling this setting always solves the problem. I'm experiencing this issue in Vivaldi now and I'm sure the same thing would solve it...if I could only find such a setting. Thanks.

Not sure if this will work, but try launching Vivaldi with the switch –disable-gpu

1. Right click on your "Vivaldi" icon.
    2. Choose properties
    3. At the end of your target line add the command line flag. In this case:
    --disable-gpu
    4. With that example flag, it should look like: vivaldi.exe --disable-gpu

• vivaldi://flags/#disable-accelerated-2d-canvas ?

• Worked perfectly, thanks! :cheer:

• @sailormax:

vivaldi://flags/#disable-accelerated-2d-canvas ?

Out of curiosity, is there a list of these pages (such as vivaldi://chrome/extensions and vivaldi://flags)? I find them useful, but I'm sure there are plenty I just don't know about.

Thanks

• @cwhale:

@sailormax:

Out of curiosity, is there a list of these pages (such as vivaldi://chrome/extensions and vivaldi://flags)? I find them useful, but I'm sure there are plenty I just don't know about.

Thanks

Hopefully we'll get some documentation of all the flags later too, like Opera:config.

• @cwhale:

@sailormax:

Thanks

Just as Chrome has chrome://chrome-urls we have vivaldi://vivaldi-urls for Vivaldi.

• vivaldi://vivaldi-urls

exactly what you said.

I didn't know about the Chrome URLs, never really used Chrome.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.