I'd like all of my bookmarks ro be in the bookmarks bar so that they are immediately accessible.
How do I do that?
In the bookmark panel or bookmark manager right-click the folder that contains all your bookmarks and choose 'Set as bookmark bar folder'. I don't know how manageable this will be if you have reams of bookmarks.
I have all of mine in the bookmarks bar, but of course I'm able to do that because aside from 29 top-level ones, the rest are divided up into 6 folders, some of which have a bunch of sub-folders.
Edit: A few more steps are needed than I first thought:-
- Open the bookmarks panel
- Create a new folder called Bookmarks Bar and set it as your Bookmarks Bar folder
- Create a second new folder called Temp
- Use Shift + Click to select all other folders (except for Speed Dial)
- Drag and drop them into the Temp folder (the order will be inverted)
- Drag and drop them from there to the Bookmarks Bar folder (the order will be inverted again)
- Delete the temporary folder