Deezer becomes totally unresponsive (after video ad?)

• I did a search on this topic but the only references I found were to do with Flash - and I think the current website doesn't use Flash any more...

I've been struggling all afternoon to keep using Deezer beyond just a couple of tracks. It works fine at first, but if I leave it playing for a while and then try pressing any button with the mouse, or even keyboard shortcuts, absolutely nothing happens!

It's still playing merrily along, but I simply cannot interact with it. I can also make new tabs in Vivaldi and these work fine.

It's like there's a glass wall between me and the Deezer website - which may have something to do with the fact they do actually overlay a video ad every couple of tracks. I'm thinking that something about that overlay is staying there after the ad finishes.

I had the exact same problem when I tried in Opera 12, but (naturally) the only browser that seemed to be okay with it was Internet Explorer (sigh...).

I tried the built-in content blocker, and if I had an afternoon to kill I might have gone searching through the HTML.

If anyone has any ideas I'd be glad to hear them.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.