Some buglets during account creation

1. Terms and conditions (yes, I read those :P ) Please replace the placeholders, e.g.: "Vivaldi cooperates with [b][NAME][/b] (see [b][URL][/b]) for the hosting and running of the Vivaldi websites. [NAME] will process and handle personal data on Vivaldi’s behalf in accordance with this Privacy Statement, and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, or privacy on our Web sites, we can be reached at: [b][ADD CONTACT INFORMATION OF VIVALDI TECHNOLOGIES][/b]" 2) Selecting the country is a bit awkward, the select box behaves a bit nervous.... 3) Despite it is not needed because the image resize seems to work well: Please add a description of the preferred size e.g. 256*256px or so... I am sure it looks better if the avatar does not need to be resized too much or is a multiple of the final result. 4) After creating the account: "You must activate the account by clicking on the activation link before you can login." s/clicking on/entering/ I was positively surprised that the link is not clickable because I think it is a bad idea to educate people to click on links in emails at all. But: A pure HTML mail. I prefer my mail as text, or if it is HTML please as multipart with a text message too ... 5) While writing this forum post: The textarea to input text like this scrolls up one line as soon as I click into it if the text is long enough to cause scrollbars, at least with O12 ... 6) Shouldn't be the username instead of the the name displayed? 7) Certificate warning when clicking on "mail" ... Other than that: Looks fine so far, despite I really hate negative letterspacing :P

• @Roland:

Terms and conditions (yes, I read those :P )
    Please replace the placeholders, e.g.:

"Vivaldi cooperates with [NAME] (see **[) for the hosting and running of the Vivaldi websites. [NAME] will process and handle personal data on Vivaldi’s behalf in accordance with this Privacy Statement, and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.

If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, or privacy on our Web sites, we can be reached at: [ADD CONTACT INFORMATION OF VIVALDI TECHNOLOGIES]"

Selecting the country is a bit awkward, the select box behaves a bit nervous….

Despite it is not needed because the image resize seems to work well: Please add a description of the preferred size e.g. 256*256px or so...

I am sure it looks better if the avatar does not need to be resized too much or is a multiple of the final result.

After creating the account:
    "You must activate the account by clicking on the activation link before you can login."

s/clicking on/entering/

I was positively surprised that the link is not clickable because I think it is a bad idea to educate people to click on links in emails at all.
    But: A pure HTML mail. I prefer my mail as text, or if it is HTML please as multipart with a text message too ...

1. While writing this forum post:
      The textarea to input text like this scrolls up one line as soon as I click into it if the text is long enough to cause scrollbars, at least with O12 ...

Shouldn't be the username instead of the the name displayed?

Certificate warning when clicking on "mail" ...

Other than that:
    Looks fine so far, despite I really hate negative letterspacing :P

Great feedback :-)
    A couple of the points are known, like f.ex certificate warning. Mustfix obviously ;-)
    Will look at the other points.]() for the hosting and running of the Vivaldi websites. [NAME] will process and handle personal data on Vivaldi’s behalf in accordance with this Privacy Statement, and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.

If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, or privacy on our Web sites, we can be reached at: [b][ADD CONTACT INFORMATION OF VIVALDI TECHNOLOGIES][/b])**

• A couple of annoyances from registering on a Nexus 7:

1. moving from one field to the next was super slow (2-3 seconds), a lot going on in the background that could be made async?

2. some of the inputs could use the new "html5" types, like "email", as this triggers special keyboard modes on phones (like showing "@" for type="email")

3. Timezone dropdown is way too verbose on a small screen. Either reduce number of entries or employ some qualified guessing for the default value (getTimezoneOffset perhaps?)

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.