Feature requests for Vivaldi's new forum

• @goedl
    I don't know. If you use the "Quote" link near vote buttons, that information will be provided.

But if we use ">" or "```" markdown way it would be hard to know from what, where, when, why, and how we copy/paste it.

By the way, as you also provided, if you select text/sentence here, then press "Quote" the information automatically also get in.
    Example;

@goedl said in Feature requests for Vivaldi's new forum:

I like to always see the quoted text in a reply.
    It's such a hassle to get to see what question is answered by a reply.
    I can't understand how anybody (not even mobile phone users) can appreciate this strange behaviour.

What missing here; on what corner that "quote" come from.

• Extend max number of visible posts/threads per page
    Current limit is 20, maybe can be brought to 50, in which you can see "more things" with less pages.
    I know there's autoscroll also, but it tends to be too slow, expecially with long threads (like the feature requests ones xD)

Choose language to see in unread posts
    For example, I can understand only italian and english (luckily XD) so I'd like to hide the others.

@Hadden89: I would second this.

• @Hadden89

Choose language to see in unread posts
    For example, I can understand only italian and english (luckily XD) so I'd like to hide the others.

For this one, you can already opt-in to "Ignore" Local Forum and "Watching" only Italian (for your case), isn't it? Available at the bottom near "Sort by".

Or... I definitely lost what you really mean.

• @dLeon said:

you can already opt-in to "Ignore" Local Forum and "Watching" only Italian (for your case), isn't it? Available at the bottom near "Sort by".

Not exactly. I would to follow all forum sections (and their unread posts) but filtering in the view all the foreign languages I don't know showing only the posts in english and in italian.

@Hadden89 It won't work like that. There would have to be a HUGE script to detect language of each post, which for many reasons would not always work as expected anyway or we should have an option to select language of each of our own posts manually - which seems like an even worse solution (the worst one would be to apply language settings per each user, which would work for those using one language only but not for multi-linguals).

This would also be redundant since everyone is using English in all Forum categories - except for the "Local Forum" category. So what you actually need to do is to go to the Local Forum category, Click on the "Watching" button on the bottom of the page and change it to "Ignoring" and then go to Italiano category and click on "Ignoring" button and change it back to "Watching".

• @gaelle

Pheeew, totally lost in the new forum. I visit the forum every now and then and the relaunch came as a surprise to me. And now i dont find nothing... so many topics, so many threads, and (using forums/fora? very seldom) couldnt even find a way to open a new topic, hence this reply to gaelle.

Am I the only one missing the simple structure this forum used to have? An example: Approx. once a month, I visited the releases page, checking the version number and finding a nice long list of comments (usually starting with 'haha, first!'), from which I decided whether to upgrade or to wait for the next version. Now, I find somehow the most recent version, but the according comments are somewhere else in the v-universe - no idea where to look. Personally, I prefer tree-structures with as few branches as possible. But this is, of course, a matter of taste.

Another example: entering v.f.net, I find "announcements", "vivaldi browser" (sic!), Vivaldi community, lounge and local. The second has 10.400 topics, local 2.200, and all others <1000. To me, such a skewed distribution is an indicator of suboptimal importance weighting of the chosen topics (to exaggerate a bit: what if top1 had 20.000, top2 200, and the rest a dozen. then there is one hierarchy level too much). The actual distribution is not that far away.

so, what I personally would prefer (just dreaming): one level "version",

• V 1.7.735.39
    • V 1.7.735.36
    • V 1.7.735.29
    • V 1.7.721.3

stable versions colored red, snapshots grey (as is the icon - I like this idea!). Each link brings me to ONE page, containing the interesting dev's notes, changes list, and discussion (as has been before; auto loading on scrolling - cf. duckduckgo). Then I would bookmark this list and need one click.

Well, so far my personal first world problems - nevertheless, I love this browser and the philosophy behind. Keep up the good work and thank you for the fish browser.

Could be shown the posts where you had given a "upvote", because I don't know, in a Feature Request thread for example, which posts I upvoted

• @ozoratsubasa said in Feature requests for Vivaldi's new forum:

Could be shown the posts where you had given a "upvote", because I don't know, in a Feature Request thread for example, which posts I upvoted

Yes, this makes sense. A simple fix would be something like the CSS:
    .votes .upvoted {background:#bfb}
    .votes .downvoted {background:#fbb}

• @Quinca71 said in Feature requests for Vivaldi's new forum:

I am sure we already have these, unless I am misunderstanding your request.

Yes, we do. After I upvoted your post, I can see my own name in the tooltip when I hover over the number. Downvotes don't show who downvoted a post

0_1487108601965_Upvoted.png

• @Pesala said in Feature requests for Vivaldi's new forum:

@Quinca71 said in Feature requests for Vivaldi's new forum:

I am sure we already have these, unless I am misunderstanding your request.

Yes, we do. After I upvoted your post, I can see my own name in the tooltip when I hover over the number. Downvotes don't show who downvoted a post

0_1487108601965_Upvoted.png

Yes, but if you're just scrolling past, it would be convenient to just see what posts one has already voted for oneself, without the need for hovering.

Like I said, this could be achieved easily with something like the CSS

.votes .upvoted {background:#bfb}
    .votes .downvoted {background:#fbb}

upvote
    downvote

• @Isildur said in Feature requests for Vivaldi's new forum:

Overkill. Those who want such features should fix it themselves. Vivaldi developers should focus on things that matter.

• @Isildur I actually proposed exactly this a while ago perhaps consider upvoting it so maybe developers find it worthy of implementation

• @duarte.framos

I just went back to upvote that. When I hit "^", the votes went down from 7 to 6. I had forgotten that I had already upvoted it, fittingly illustrating the issue.:P (I clicked again to return it to 7, once more.)

• @Pesala said in Feature requests for Vivaldi's new forum:

@Isildur said in Feature requests for Vivaldi's new forum:

Overkill. Those who want such features should fix it themselves. Vivaldi developers should focus on things that matter.

It doesn't require appreciable focus diversion. It's a several-seconds-to-implement, two-line fix. The CSS is already provided. Almost everywhere else on the Web that you find upvoting/downvoting buttons (Reddit, Imgur, news sites like Ars Technica, etc.) there's coloration indicating if you've already clicked an arrow/chevron, because in UIs, buttons that act as toggles are pretty much universally expected to have a simple visual indication of the state. It's why NodeBB already provides classnames for the elements for CSS to style.

Not only is it not overkill, it's an easy no-brainer.

• @duarte.framos,
    It is really hard to detect is there my vote or not... And I've also click it (and click back then)!

The replies of posts appear just clicking on "Replies: x" and not like another post alone too.

• @Quinca71 Editing of posts is currently unlimited.

• @luetage Unfortunately not. I believe that it has been extended a bit. Try again tomorrow, or try to edit one of your older posts.

I am able to edit this post, so something has definitely changed now. That's good news.

• @Pesala You should have tried it before making assumptions.
    https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/13898/snapshot-1-0-212-mouse-gestures-with-touchpad/65
    Look at my post on this site. I exchanged a dot for an exclamation mark.

edit: was a day ago, but I did it again just now to refresh it

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.