Ubuntu Unity

• Have Min/Max/Close buttons conform with Ubuntu Unity standard.

• Vivaldi Team

Hi,

That is a request we get quite a bit. The problem is that we then would have to let the DE, in this case Unity, take over the window decorations and buttons. We have not implemented that functionality yet. Google Chrome has that as an option but Vivaldi does not.

Christian,
    Vivaldi Technologies.

• I want the same for Linux Mint MATE desktop. I assume other Linux Mint users who use the Cinnamon desktop would want it too. MATE allows window contols (x - +) to be located on the left. This is ideal for us left-handed people.

• Vivaldi Team

Hi,

Everyone want integration for their preferred desktop environment. We will never be able to support all of them directly, but we could implement an option like Chrome has where you can choose to use Vivaldi default or let the DE take care of windows decorations and buttons. The sleekest and most compact UI is the one we provide in the browser itself, but if you find integration into your DE more important you could get it your way. You can check this out in Chrome which already has this option.

Christian,
    Vivaldi Technologies

• menu integration into Global Menu is missed :(

• @christian:

Hi,

That is a request we get quite a bit. The problem is that we then would have to let the DE, in this case Unity, take over the window decorations and buttons. We have not implemented that functionality yet. Google Chrome has that as an option but Vivaldi does not.

Christian,
    Vivaldi Technologies.

I hope you will do that in future, because you said that this is browser for Linux too, so show it to us ;)

Thanks

Linux user

• Aesthetic issues aside, the current window management seems to cause problems in KDE with multiple monitors. If I right click on a tab on my right monitor, the menu appears on the left monitor. The same happens for the settings window. It seems to ignore KDE's settings for window placement.

• I second the request to use global menus, that would be great.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.