Upgrading from snapshot to regular version?

• Can this be done without losing my current settings/bookmarks/stuff?
    How?

• Check this: https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/9209/settings-export/4

@steje said in Settings export:

Do I take that to mean that if we manually reinstall any extensions added to Vilvadi, and copy the %LOCALAPPDATA%\Vivaldi\User Data folder, we can recover a previous configuration and have things work as expected?

I would also like a built-in way to backup and recover configuration settings. Particularly as I am learning, making changes, observing the results and wanting to revert to a known working state. I'm also doing this on a Windows 10 testbed, where once I'm done I will revert the whole system back to a clean slate and reinstall all apps and configurations before taking a pristine backup.

@vluer said in Upgrading from snapshot to regular version?:

Can this be done without losing my current settings/bookmarks/stuff?
    How?

Just install it in the same location over the existing snapshot - IF you are actually going from a lower version number to a higher version number. Right now, all snapshots are higher version number, which means it's safer (if going from higher to lower) to save off the old Vivaldi folder, delete it, and replace it with the new one, and then transfer your critical data, etc. from the old to the new, one file at a time.

You CAN install an older version over a newer, but it's just asking for trouble.

• So the easiest way is to keep skiping updates till a new vivaldi is released and then install over snapshot, right?

@vluer said in Upgrading from snapshot to regular version?:

So the easiest way is to keep skiping updates till a new vivaldi is released and then install over snapshot, right?

If the updates are somehow bad for you, then yes. You should not have long to wait.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.