New Tab Opening/Closing Animation

• Almost every browser has this ability, i think u guys should give us this option to enable or disable tab animations

@triptex said in New Tab Opening/Closing Animation:

Almost every browser has this ability, i think u guys should give us this option to enable or disable tab animations

You can turn off animations in Menu/Tools/Settings/Appearance.

• @Ayespy We have animations you can turn on and off, but I think the kind of animations he's talking about is the tab opening/closing animation. When you open a new tab, there's no opening animation, it just pops up. Same when you close it. Opera I know has a tab opening animation. Firefox has both. I think it'd be good to have both to modernize the feel of Vivaldi a little more.

• @D0J0P said in New Tab Opening/Closing Animation:

@Ayespy We have animations you can turn on and off, but I think the kind of animations he's talking about is the tab opening/closing animation. When you open a new tab, there's no opening animation, it just pops up. Same when you close it. Opera I know has a tab opening animation. Firefox has both. I think it'd be good to have both to modernize the feel of Vivaldi a little more.

Agree with you, it would make Vivaldi more eye-candy.

Animations are a drag on browser and system speed.

• @Ayespy Still, modern browsers like Opera and Firefox have them. Don't know if Chrome does, as I haven't used Chrome in a very long time.

It's just a simple tab animation. Vivaldi has other animations like web panel animations. Don't know what a little tab animation would add to it, but it's definitely something that should be in there. If anyone doesn't like animations, they can turn it off if they'd like.

@D0J0P - My impression is that when the developers have some more time on their hands, AND, when some of the existing overhead problems have been licked, they might feel like both they and the browser can afford the resources for tab animation.

• @Ayespy Yeah, I had a similar impression until I heard about this Philips Hue lamps thing... 😁

@pafflick - that is not development and does not involve developers. It is design and was just a brainstorm from one of the designers whose special area of expertise is color.

@pafflick - Your "joke" is a common serious complaint among users. And not all of them will follow your link. We receive hundreds of complaints that "developers" should not have wasted time on something a designer did, so I don't joke about that concern. Every time I see this, I make the same clarification. Sorry if you think I'm being too serious.

• @Ayespy That's why I used the 😁 emoji, since adding "Behold! It's a joke" would simply spoil it.
    I made my post laconic on purpose, so that one should follow the link in order to understand what I'm talking about. And if you did follow my link, you'd realize that I already know about those differences between development and design, thus you couldn't take my complaint seriously.

But I'm not blaming you for being too serious - forum moderators generally lack sense of humor... 😝

(that was a joke too) 😁

@pafflick - I must be careful to hide my sense of humor. It's rather obscure and dry, and people don't get it. They think I am insulting or attacking them, or making light of horrific things. But if you can't make fun of the end of the world, then what CAN you find funny? :smirk:

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.