First Impression

• Hello all, As I've just downloaded the browser just a few moments ago, I'm very impressed. This is only my 6th or so browser I've used for more than 5 minutes (chrome, IE (eww), firefox, opera, safari) and I'm really excited. A few first impression thoughts: 1. I've yet to notice a great password management system within the browser itself. I was not able to change the username that was saved, and I can't seem to access a "vault" of sorts to edit/view current password saves. 2. The text on a tab doesn't seem to update unless you go to a new webpage, or switch to that tab. Example: Playing cookie clickers, the number of cookies in the tab doesn't update while on the tab, or when leaving it, but only when going back to that tab. 3. Customization: I haven't found a very obvious way to change the color of the tabs if the orange is too vibrant for me. That's all that I've got for now other than a slowness when loading new tabs (as well as tab switching animation). ___________________________________ Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview Evaluation copy. Build 9926

• @Puerto4Lyfe:

1. I've yet to notice a great password management system within the browser itself. I was not able to change the username that was saved, and I can't seem to access a "vault" of sorts to edit/view current password saves.

Vivaldi is a tech preview, which means it's very rough around the edges, a lot of features is missing and it's basically in an alpha state at best. I'm pretty sure the password management will improve with time. There is however "a vault", as you call it - just go to Tools > Settings > Privacy and scroll down. You should see all your saved passwords there. You can't edit them, but you can delete them and save again.

@Puerto4Lyfe:

3. Customization: I haven't found a very obvious way to change the color of the tabs if the orange is too vibrant for me.

Again, there's not much customization just yet. However, the tabs are not orange - Vivaldi picks up the color that it thinks is the most prominent on that page, and uses it as the tab color. If you don't like it (my experience is that it kinda grows on you, even if it feels weird at first), you can disable it: go to Tools > Settings > Appearance and under Tab options uncheck "Color tabs". Your tabs will then be always sort of dark grey.

• About the vault, I noticed that, but it just seemed a little lacking, even for a technical preview. I know it will get better, so I'm not really stressing over it. About the tab color, I just noticed I'm really dumb and only noticed the color on the vivaldi pages because it was orange. However I do like the way the tabs change color now that I take a closer look at it.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.