ERROR As a new user[...]

• you can only post once every 120 second(s) until you have earned 3 reputation - please wait before posting again

This is silly. Take a look at the amount of registered users. At the daily count. At the amount of posts per day. Vivaldi forums barely can be called an "active" forums with the load values close to "medium". Who thought it would be great idea to make it 2 damn minutes? Who even thought that >2y.o account should be considered new?

Unless, of course, your server is on Intel Celeron or something.

@Kein said in ERROR As a new user[...]:

you can only post once every 120 second(s) until you have earned 3 reputation - please wait before posting again

This is silly. Take a look at the amount of registered users. At the daily count. At the amount of posts per day. Vivaldi forums barely can be called an "active" forums with the load values close to "medium". Who thought it would be great idea to make it 2 damn minutes? Who even thought that >2y.o account should be considered new?

Unless, of course, your server is on Intel Celeron or something.

It's a guard against spambots, from which we have had literally hundreds of attacks.

• Use real forum software like SMF, that has features available for detecting and rejecting spammers before they even get an account. Also, use Incapsula/CloudFlare to reject more (which I think you already do). This forum is tiny, and you shouldn't need to reject legitimate users to control spam. If you have to reject legitimate users, "you're doing it wrong". You're web browser developers. Why are you trying to reinvent the wheel? Focus on your browser, and let forum people handle forum software.

The decision which software to use was made months ago, and months have been put into preparing it and rolling it out. It is no longer up for discussion as to WHICH software will be used.

• If automated bots get past captcha then you are doing something wrong.

Add interactive captcha. Make it complex. Add quiz captcha. If user wants to register he will, at worst, he can use contact form.

@Kein said in ERROR As a new user[...]:

Add interactive captcha. Make it complex. Add quiz captcha. If user wants to register he will, at worst, he can use contact form.

I disagree! Vivaldi forum is for all users, if you add complex captchas or quizzes you will exclude users and break a11y! And such captures are a DON'T DO IT for webdevs.

PS: This is not the official view of Vivaldi Technologies or of Vivaldi Mods.
    It is my own opinion as a working programmer, webdev and a11y fighter.

• @Kein said in ERROR As a new user[...]:

you can only post once every 120 second(s) until you have earned 3 reputation - please wait before posting again

I don't see the problem. Posting once every 120 seconds is more than enough. It really just prohibits spamming. Getting 3 reputation should be relatively easy, unless you get more downvotes than upvotes that is :)

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.