PDF Links Redirected if Opened in New Tab

• Try any of the links to PDF files [url=http://www.aimwell.org/pesala.html]on my site[/url]. I set up a redirect for PDF files to prevent hot-linking from elsewhere. If I click the link it opens in Vivaldi's PDF viewer. However, if I Shift + Click, Ctrl + Click, or Middle-click to open it in a new tab, it triggers the redirect. Why should that happen? It does not happen in Opera 12.17.

• Off-topic, but why am I now subscribed to threads by default?

Confirmed that it happens with replies, and not just with new threads that I start.

The "subscribe" checkbox is also enabled on editing a post.

Yup. But as the new platform nears, problems with this one concern me less and less.

• @Pesala:

Try any of the links to PDF files on my site.

I set up a redirect for PDF files to prevent hot-linking from elsewhere.

If I click the link it opens in Vivaldi's PDF viewer. However, if I Shift + Click, Ctrl + Click, or Middle-click to open it in a new tab, it triggers the redirect.

Why should that happen? It does not happen in Opera 12.17.

Also redirected (to help page) if using Mouse gestures - (open link in new tab / foreground OR background).

• There is no problem in Opera 41 either.

Thanks for confirming. I have reported it as a bug.

(VB-22882) Open in New Tab or Background Tab is Redirected

May be it is a referrer problem. May be if opened in new tab or window no referrer is sent? And your site redirects to Help.
    This would be the bug VB-11034 "No Referer Header with open new tab"

• @Gwen-Dragon:

May be it is a referrer problem. May be if opened in new tab or window no referrer is sent? And your site redirects to Help.
    This would be the bug VB-11034 "No Referer Header with open new tab"

I suspect that you're right.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.