Delayed submission of password/loading of new page after button clicked

• I'm finding that when I enter login credentials (for example, with this site) or simply click on a button that loads another page, the Vivaldi browser will hang for 2-4 seconds, and then I see a colored bar at the top start to move towards the right as the new page loads. Is this normal? Right now I have installed the 64 bit version for Windows 10. Earlier this morning I was using the 32 bit version and noticed the same thing. EDIT: OK FWIW, when I first posted this message, I counted to 8 Mississippi. It was longer than 2-4 seconds.

During that time, Vivaldi is sending a web page request and waiting for a reply from the server.

The progress bar will be changed in newer versions to better reflect that the browser IS doing something while you are waiting. Other browsers use a spinner or something to convey the impression of activity, but for the most part they don't actually fetch a page any faster.

• @Ayespy:

Other browsers use a spinner or something to convey the impression of activity, but for the most part they don't actually fetch a page any faster.

Absolutely correct. I was convinced you were wrong, so I submitted my username and password in Firefox and it took 8.5 seconds (my counting). Then after signing out, I went and signed in again with Vivaldi, and it only took 6 seconds.

It just seems so darn long, because I'm used to seeing something start spinning as soon as I hit that Submit button.

Yeah I would have Vivaldi devs change this. I"m sorry that this is just cosmetic but newcomers might stop using it, thinking this is a slow as heck browser.

As I mentioned, the feedback aspect of this is being worked on. :)

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.