Youtube!!! and webpages

• hi guys iv been a vivaldi user from since it released...and just realised that this forum existed so my issue today is with youtube and webpages 1. youtube youtube is very buggy and slow many times and even unresponsive on vivaldi but situation is fine on chrome browser 2.webpages sometimes when i click links from a webpage the webpage appears tobe loading and once loaded the webpage isnt displayed instead just blank background is shown is this a bug if yes please fix it thank you

• Please tell us your vivaldi version number, operating system, and a little about your computer resources.

• hi
    im using windows 10 with 8gb ram and Intel i5-4200u Lenovo computer with AMD RADEON graphics it is a 64-bit version of windows 10 home edition.
    The vivaldi version i am running is the latest stable version i believe as i have not received any notifications for update , if you can tell me how to check the exact version of the browser i can tell you…but yeah 99% the version im running is the latest stable version of the Vivaldi browser.

Thank you

• Your exact version will be found at VivaldiMenu/help/about.

• Vivaldi 1.4.589.38 (Stable channel) (32-bit)
    Revision afa9b018e32575fcd8f8283755a315804ecf0671
    OS Windows
    Blink 537.36 (@afa9b018e32575fcd8f8283755a315804ecf0671)
    JavaScript V8 5.3.332.47
    Flash (Disabled)
    User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/53.0.2785.148 Safari/537.36 Vivaldi/1.4.589.38

• If I may ask: Why do you have flash disabled in Vivaldi?

• flash has a major security flaw
    it can allow hackers to take control of a persons whole computer.
    so i prefer to keep it disabled.
    thi flaw in flash was discovered very recently
    besides flash is almost obsolete.

• NPAPI flash, the old kind, has such a flaw. PPAPI flash, the kind used by Chrome browsers, does not.

Especially in Vivaldi 1.4, having flash turned off can cause an effort to play the HTML5/H.264 version of videos, which does not always work right. In the current 1.5 snapshots, it's better - but perhaps still not perfect.

You might also look at turning off or turning on hardware acceleration for Vivaldi on your machine. It works better one way for some machines, and the other way for others. There are two settings that affect it:

chrome://flags/#ignore-gpu-blacklist
    and
    chrome://flags/#disable-accelerated-video-decode

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.