Everything Blurry

• The title is self explanatory. Out of nowhere, Vivaldi began to get blurred in random places and at random times, including the UI. I'm using the most recent update(1.4.589.38) Details of my pc: Windows 10 64bit with the last updates i7-2600k at 4.5ghz GTX 1080 Strix OC with the last drivers My monitor res: 2560x1080 http://i.imgur.com/BHG6j6m.png [img]http://i.imgur.com/BHG6j6m.png[/img]

Pretty sure this is fixed in the new snapshots. https://vivaldi.net/en-US/

• I installed and my problem continues, everything still blurry

• Hello,
    It more about Windows 10 that Vivaldi.
    Check that tiny app which should resolve all blurry issues not only in Vivaldi

http://windows10_dpi_blurry_fix.xpexplorer.com

• Did not work. And I do not have this problem in other programs, it is only in the Vivaldi.I don't see how it could be windows 10 cus vivaldi wasn't like this before. People just love to hate windows 10.

• Same problem here (Blurred Text). It's only Vivaldi, the rest is crystal clear. In several other threads, several more people complained about that. But so far, I did not find any working solution or at least a workaround.

For my system, at least most text in the Vivaldi window is clear with ClearType=off and FontSmoothing=off (on OS level). But menu keeps blurred, and some fonts look very ugly and are hardly readable.

• 22 days later and nothing of solutions, rly? you guys know how to broke the browser but don't know how to fix?

@Kilowog01 - The browser is still a baby. 22 days is the blink of an eye in the time scale of browser development, when dealing with thousands of reported bugs, thousands of requested features, and important things that get broken with every update of Chromium, the underlying engine. Almost the entirety of the 22 days you mention has been consumed with trying to fix page display on the Mac platform, which was broken by Chromium 54.

• @Ayespy I know that vivaldi has many bugs, but none of them ever forced me to create an account here to report and require a solution. Even with so many bugs, something of that level (which disables the browser), which does not only affect me but several users (I know this is not the only topic) should be considered a priority at least.
    I see several simple solutions here, none worked for me, but this indicates that programmers can also solve the problem easily, even if it is a temporary solution and needs to be rethought in the future.

@Kilowog01 - You're not the only sufferer, but it is exceedingly rare. That's why Google doesn't do anything about in spite of the bitter complaints on their boards. They have fixed it for Chrome only, none of the derivative browsers.

If it were easy for a programmers to solve, across platforms, without breaking something else, it would already have been taken care of. We have some of the best browser developers on the planet.

They will solve it as soon as they are able.

• @Ayespy said in Everything Blurry:

If it were easy for a programmers to solve, across platforms, without breaking something else, it would already have been taken care of. We have some of the best browser developers on the planet.

This has got to be a very thorny issue. But one wonders why font rendering can't be simplified? And I don't mean from the Vivaldi developers; I mean from Windows and Chrome. Not knowing anything about the technology though I accept it as it is.

• A comment on reddit suggested that the cause of this issue may be FXAA antialiasing (possibly specific to nVidia hardware). I have to agree that the text/UI blurring in Vivaldi is very similar if not identical to text blurring that can occur in 3D games that use FXAA.

Try the following if you use an nVidia graphics card:

• Download and install the latest nVidia drivers for your graphics card
    • Disable FXAA (Right click desktop > Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D settings > Antialiasing - FXAA = Off)

In my personal experience, this has eliminated the blurry UI issue (used to be very frequent on Windows default drivers, let frequent with updated drivers, and now fixed with FXAA disabled).

Is the Vivaldi window being rendered as a 3D-accelerated surface? That could explain why FXAA is affecting UI and certain page tiles as they are being painted. It could also explain why the problem only affects a small number of users (Windows only, nVidia-specific, only when FXAA is enabled).

• @iamarobotbeep said in Everything Blurry:

A comment on reddit suggested that the cause of this issue may be FXAA antialiasing (possibly specific to nVidia hardware). I have to agree that the text/UI blurring in Vivaldi is very similar if not identical to text blurring that can occur in 3D games that use FXAA.

Try the following if you use an nVidia graphics card:

• Download and install the latest nVidia drivers for your graphics card
    • Disable FXAA (Right click desktop > Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D settings > Antialiasing - FXAA = Off)

In my personal experience, this has eliminated the blurry UI issue (used to be very frequent on Windows default drivers, let frequent with updated drivers, and now fixed with FXAA disabled).

Is the Vivaldi window being rendered as a 3D-accelerated surface? That could explain why FXAA is affecting UI and certain page tiles as they are being painted. It could also explain why the problem only affects a small number of users (Windows only, nVidia-specific, only when FXAA is enabled).

FXAA is turned off by default, this can't be behind the numerous cases.

my blurriness is kinda strange BTW: bookmarks, bookmarks bar and settings are blurry, but the horizontal menu is crisp as well as webpages. been having these issues since march or so. This isn't some overlay kind of thing, some parts are blurry, some parts are not. what is going on?

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.