Focus url bar and make url bar empty

• Hi I use a firefox extension called custom new tab and it has its option called place url focus in URL bar and make url bar empty, I can do this in the vivaldi? Thanks. :) Attachments: [img]https://forum.vivaldi.net/uploads/attachments/46078/Capture.PNG[/img],[img]https://forum.vivaldi.net/uploads/attachments/46078/Captures.PNG[/img],[img]https://forum.vivaldi.net/uploads/attachments/46078/Capturess.PNG[/img]

Such is already the case when you open a new tab in Vivaldi. The tab bar is focused and empty.

• How do you enable this functionality?

If I set the new tabs to "Startup with a Specific Page" instead of the default "Startup with Start Page" on my end, the URL bar isn't in focus and typing does nothing without manually clicking it first. It's a massive frustration when you realize the massive query you typed was never actually input anywhere, and you have to start over from memory.

I can screen record and prove that this is happening if you want evidence. I'm on the Windows 7 version.

I just installed Vivaldi yesterday and really don't want this issue to push me back to Firefox. I'm otherwise really enjoying the browser, and signed up to forums just to report this bug.

• @Ayespy:

Such is already the case when you open a new tab in Vivaldi. The tab bar is focused and empty.

He is not empty he stays with the file name in the url

• i think mioni wants new tabs to start on a specific url AND be able to empty/focus address field. i would set two keyboard shortcuts and use them in a specific order. there is probably a more elegant solution.

That sounds like a job for an extension.

• I thought I could do this by modifying the css, but I believe that only an extension makes it or vivaldi put an option in the settings. :whistle:

@fibre:

How do you enable this functionality?

If I set the new tabs to "Startup with a Specific Page" instead of the default "Startup with Start Page" on my end, the URL bar isn't in focus and typing does nothing without manually clicking it first. It's a massive frustration when you realize the massive query you typed was never actually input anywhere, and you have to start over from memory.

I can screen record and prove that this is happening if you want evidence. I'm on the Windows 7 version.

I just installed Vivaldi yesterday and really don't want this issue to push me back to Firefox. I'm otherwise really enjoying the browser, and signed up to forums just to report this bug.

It's an additional keystroke, but for now you cant set, say, alt+d to focus and highlight the address bar, so that you can make a new tab, press alt+d, and begin typing. It's not as simple as having it start out that way, but would be an easy habit to develop. That's the best I can suggest at the moment.

• settings>tabs>new tab page: blank/startpage
    startup>specific page/homepage: url

would this work?
    for the record, i recommend ctrl+shift+v. one of my favorite features in vivaldi. i must ctrl+t, ctrl+shift+v a dozen times in most days.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.