Where Vivaldi keep Search Engines data?

• I just reinstalled my PC and I don't want to copy whole old profile into new one. I've copied just notes and session data (opened tabs). I also want to move my search engines data. But I have no idea where Vivaldi stores it. I read somewhere that Chrome stores it inside Web Data file in profile folder, but some other data is stored there too and I don't want to copy it. I remember that to move my search engines data from Opera Blink to Vivaldi (when it was released) I had to open its Web Data file with SQLite manager and manually copy data into Vivaldi browser. That's not a problem for me. But when I open my backuped Web Data file from old profile I can only find some default search engines there :( Google, Bing, Yahoo, AOL, Ask - that's all. So looks like Vivaldi isn't using Web Data for that, but some other file. Anyone knows which one?

• Vivaldi Team

@jacekn which operating system version do you use? Regarding search engines data, please check this discussion: https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/6666/where-are-the-search-engines-stored-answered-conclusion-fml

• @gaelle said in Where Vivaldi keep Search Engines data?:

@jacekn which operating system version do you use? Regarding search engines data, please check this discussion: https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/6666/where-are-the-search-engines-stored-answered-conclusion-fml

As pointed out here this thread seems to have vanished.
    Shouldn't all older threads be archived and at least findable with a forum search?

• This is annoying. If so many are asking about this (rather important issue, at least until Sync works), couldn't you provide a note to replace the missing thread?

• From what I recall from that vanished thread they seemed to be stored scattered in some sort log files somewhere, which I find quite worrying. Can't quite remember where they were exactly.
    Hard to find, hard to maintain, hard to backup, and impossible to export/import in case of failure. As a user this bothers me a lot.

I actually made a proposal some time ago to start saving search engines (or at least have it as an option in parallel) as regular bookmarks, and start supporting Bookmark Wildcards (as in %s) like in Firefox currently.

We already have nicknames for them so this would be a "small step" towards a safe, sortable, organizable alternative to store search engines. Also cool for immediate translation websites, modular/dynamic bookmarks, without polluting your search engine list.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.